Positioning of dielectric plate within C Band Lnb for SES 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I noticed today that I am able to receive the RT channel on SES 6 when the dielectric plate is placed in one of the two possible slots on my ESX241 LNB. If I move the dielectric plate to the opposite slot I am no longer able to receive the RT channel,however, I am able to receive a different set of channels. Can anyone please explain this? Is there a way I can receive all channels?

I noticed today that I am able to receive the RT channel on SES 6 when the dielectric plate is placed in one of the two possible slots on my ESX241 LNB. If I move the dielectric plate to the opposite slot I am no longer able to receive the RT channel,however, I am able to receive a different set of channels. Can anyone please explain this? Is there a way I can receive all channels?

Circular transmission comes in RIGHT-hand, and LEFT-hand varieties, and that seems to be what you are experiencing. So, that would explain why you are getting different sets depending on how the plate is installed if you don't change your polarity on your receiver.

So, If I am receiving channels from both polarities H & V means that my dielectric plate is placed correct and I dont need to move anything on my receiver?.. right?
I am using Geosat pro C2 LNBF with the dielectric plate inserted in the center slot..(I do not remember seeing two slots)..
Using Openbox HDS9
pd:sorry for hang up:rolleyes:

The right position is that in which the plate seems to be in the middle of the tips of the two elements (L&R) That will give you the R channels as right (V) and the left as left (H)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts