Possibility Of 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
What is the likelihood of a 922 being developed. I assume that this would be like the 522 but have HD and a bigger hard drive? Does it make sense to get the flawed 921 or to wait until some other box that might be 1 year away?

Yes indeed it is coming.

Upcoming receivers include the following

The 344 (Like a 322 but outputs to 4 TV's)
The DishPlayer 544 (Like a 522 but outputs to 4 TV's)
The DishPlayer 922 (Like a 522 but HD)

I hope to know more about all the units soon. :)

I know all is somewhat speculation now, but will the 922 have two separate HD outputs, like the two separate SD feeds from the 522. I assume the 2nd room could not be modulated, but maybe an amplified componant output for a longer run to a second room.

Thanks,

Jay

Ok guys I hear you saying it is coming. Still need to make decision about 921 now with flaws, or 922 later with beta testing, flaws, etc. (maybe 1 year).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes indeed it is coming.

Upcoming receivers include the following

The 344 (Like a 322 but outputs to 4 TV's)
The DishPlayer 544 (Like a 522 but outputs to 4 TV's)
The DishPlayer 922 (Like a 522 but HD)

I hope to know more about all the units soon. :)
Oh gawd. x44 makes no sense with more & more TVs going digital - or at least not RF.

It's certainly not going to help the installers - I love the idea of putting receivers in closets and using UHF remotes, but unless they include a UHF remote for TV1, customers won't go for it.

Now, if they put a combined RF output on it (that is, 3-4 RF outputs on one coax), then having it in the living room (or whatever) would be OK.

As for the 922 - it's not gonna be fun trying to get that 2nd HD output from the home theatre in the basement to the master bedroom on the 2nd floor. :no

This makes my head hurt.

E* doesn't even have their $#!t together on the 921 and already they are developing a 922?? :(

As for bigger hard drives, the MaxStor 320GB is running 289 retail now. So that would give us 230 hours of SD or 32 hours of HD.

BFD. Without firewire/dishwire, there is no way to archive HD programs once you fill up the drive. D-VHS is out... External hard drives are out... Second internal hard drive is a possibility, but unlikely at this point.

Nuttin like owning a $1000.00 Edsel of satellite receivers. :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts