Possible Carriage Dispute Time Warner vs. MSG, MSG+ Buffalo

MSG to allow Channel 2 to air Sabres game - Sabres & NHL - The Buffalo News

Looks like one game will be on WGRZ this week, for whatever that's worth. Expect to be bombarded with "Switch to DirecTV" ads. :/

Looks like the Sabres and MSG are attempting to put the pressure on TWC to come back to the table and bargain faithfully. I am beginning to wonder if TWC even cares about getting a deal or just their bottom line. Afterall they weren't too cheap to buy the Lakers Broadcast Rights for a reported 2-3 billion over 20 years. I am stuck with them right now because of my NHL Center Ice package; but come May I won't be. It will be interesting to see if they begin to bargain with the NFL Network, whereas the will have a slate of 15 games this fall on Thursday Nights. I can't see me staying with them without MSG and the NFL Network even though they can blackmail you with their stand alone Internet access fees.

Beautiful strategy.....a "see what you are missing" game. Im betting MSG paid for the airtime.

Islandguy43 said:
Hey I am all for it. Put the Sabres on 2.1 or 2.2 OTA and I will be thrilled.

This is a great idea. In years past the biggest challenge for the local network affiliates carrying the games OTA was the restrictions placed on them by the networks to carry their prime time offerings. Having the secondary digital channels available gives the locals much more flexibility and give them some reach into Southern Ontario. Plus the PQ would be much better than the compressed TWC feed we (used to) have and provide a "free" HD viewing option for DN customers.

WFAN host Mike Francessa to interview rep from MSG regarding this dispute. Today at 5:30. Had TWC on at 4:00 today, MSG to respond. TWC rep claimed MSG offered 6.5 % increase in December, verbal agreement then MSG renegged and demanded 53% increase.

Radio.com

Mike Baer (SP?) on WFAN claiming TWC is their only dispute. Stated "We were on DISH Network, now we're no longer on there". Francessa then says, "So this is your only dispute?" Baer: "Yes." Baer, who denied TWC numbers alleged, then says they were only asking a little more than other networks are paying. States "Only other dispute, other than with DISH which is a completely different matter, was with TWC in 2005." Basically Baer claims TWC doesn't value their product the way other carriers do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)