Possible Channel Changes on September 15, 2015 - Escape Returns

Asket

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Anaheim CA
There appears to be an indication from SXM that Escape is returning on September 15, 2015. On their website Caliente is no longer listed as a new channel. Anyone have info on this?

Quote:
Bring Back Escape on Siriusxm

10 hrs · Edited ·
Good Morning/Afternoon, Escapers! Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. No post today concerning calling, emailing, or posting on the SiriusXM Facebook page, as we are in a "wait and see" mode regarding ESCAPE's return to the satellite lineup next Tuesday, September 15. Many of you are reporting that SXM Customer Care is telling listeners by phone that ESCAPE will definitely return to channel 69 next Tuesday, so from all indications, this appears to be factual. I know some of you are concerned that ESCAPE will sound different upon its return to the lineup next week. Although the same music library for ESCAPE might exist, quite a bit of the programming involves organization of music tracks...by music type, style, tempo, etc. Obviously, Marlin is no longer at ESCAPE to oversee the programming. Accordingly, there could be some merit to the argument regarding the dissimilarity of how ESCAPE sounds, both then and now. Someone might be at the ESCAPE helm programming the station until a permant replacement is found. Hopefully, SXM will hire someone to program ESCAPE who has a good working knowledge of the format and has previously programmed the easy listening/beautiful music format...and done it WELL...on broadcast radio. However, as someone noted in the group here today, ESCAPE will be a welcome relief after listeners have been subjected to hearing "LOVE", "Spa", and "Watercolors" in lieu of ESCAPE. Please be patient in the interim regarding the ESCAPE "sound". We've cleared the biggest hurdle. Now we look toward next Tuesday... smile emoticon
http://youtu.be/jFKW_bh1OoM

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Update it is real:

"Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding Escape. We're bringing Escape back to SiriusXM. Many listeners like you let us know your passion for Escape when we removed it from the channel lineup. We got the message: there is no substitute for the instrumental melodies on Escape. Your enthusiasm is amazing to hear, and it made our decision to bring back Escape an easy one. You will be able to find it on channel 69 starting September 15th for XM radios and in October for Sirius Radios."

Too late for me. I cancelled promptly when they cancelled. Am doing just fine and am very happy with my internet radio. There will be no going back for me--EVER!!

Too late for me. I cancelled promptly when they cancelled. Am doing just fine and am very happy with my internet radio. There will be no going back for me--EVER!!

No doubt something named Escape returned. It is easy listening but the music is usually of a faster tempo and beat oriented. Escape as we knew it, well it is not. It is to be expected since someone else is doing it probably being done automatically from a play-list of some sort. I guess that was to be expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)