possible Dish blackout

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
Its cool. I'm not like super mad or anything.

I just didn't like all the hostility the second after I post something and see 'Staff Member' next to their names. Felt like because I wasn't in the club, I was getting picked on.

Looking at the original info I posted though (which was not really too accurate), I could see why people are being skeptical.

Unfortunately my contact at Dish is gone for the day so I don't know if they've reached an agreement or not. I guess I'll find out at 2am (CST here) if someone calls my cell.

don't take it to hard. you got to give everyone a break. you only have 12 posts and come in here saying dish might block out some channels. with all the crap dish is going through, it will most likely cause an uproar.

make sure you come back and visit often, this is a great website.

Ok it does not appear that anything is going down tonight, however tommorow night may be a different story.

I have contacted Echostar but have not received any official statement.

I will keep working on it though. :)

For us Illinois fans who have E*, the only way to see tomorrows Illinois/Cincinnati game is on FSN-Ohio if you have the multisports pack. Glad to hear that it won't be off tomorrow.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok it does not appear that anything is going down tonight, however tommorow night may be a different story.

I have contacted Echostar but have not received any official statement.

I will keep working on it though. :)

thanks scott for keeping us up to speed and thanks to the original poster who brought us this update. good work to all involved.

Well E* better not be giving bad info. We're bringing in a skeleton crew tomorrow to read the pre-scripted statements provided to us by Dish.

I don't really think too many people will be calling in about it , but better safe than sorry.

Here's the verbage we received:

"If contract negotiations are not resolved, effective Thursday, December 30th at 11:59pm PT, DISH Network is contractually required to remove channels provided by Rainbow Media from their line-up. These changes affect <your company name here> customers as well. DISH Network has always fought to provide the widest range of programming at the lowest possible price. Due to price increases these providers are attempting to impose, DISH Network may remove these channels during the contract negotiations continue."

But others do have a point. When dish is having contract issues they get the word out that they're taking a stand and will make a big fuss, unless this isn't as big of a deal as viacom, or maybe they can't talk because their ingaged to rainbow media :D

Thanks Homer.

I am still working on digging for more info. No reply from the official Dish Network channels. The few Dish people I spoke with had no idea about it (but had nothing to do with the programming dept eaither)

I will keep working.

I have posted this on the front page.

I first heard about this late this afternoon but I didn't think to much about it as there was nothing else said about it. However with Homers info plus bits and pieces I have been getting over the past few hours I feel that things are addiing enough to warn folks about it.

Because consumers have not been warned, I would not be surprised to hear about an extension tommorow morning. :)

if someone has dish through sbc, they should call and ask (pretend) why these channel are gone. see if they read the pre read statement mentioned above. of course, report back to us.

ok guys i'm going home. I have DTV service at home so I won't know if this goes through or not until (if) I get a phone call saying that it did happen.

Have a happy and safe New Years and I hope those wanting to watch sports don't run into this problem and miss any important games.

In the SEC filing Rainbow mentioned that their national contracts were all due this coming year and that they did not know the outcome of the negotiations. That they are due for negotiations is clear bu I did not know it was so close.

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
hey look you guys can doubt - thats fine.
A true prophet is never wrong. That's how you tell them apart from the fortune tellers that are just guessing. Thanks for the information, but do understand that every false word diminishes credibility - and without any other basis for trust (prior truths) and plenty of other drop in posters that like to troll with statements like the ones you made MISTAKES WILL BE MADE.

If you spam filter your email you will ocassionally have a false positive. Enough keywords and/or errors in a post that make it look false leads to false positives too. I'm glad Scott could confirm otherwise we'd still be in that box.

Once again, thanks for your heads up. Forgive us doubters. :D

JL

"I am so smart....I am so smart...S...M...R...T...I mean...S...M....A...R....T.........doh."

From a actual episode.

homer.jpg

So far its still on. The only channel I would miss is Fuse but I could live without it. The thing is I just dont see paying a price increase like what was announced and having channels taken off like this. Seems pretty rediculous to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts