Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last night we were down for a bit as I did some upgrades, while it looks like nothing was done we had a major upgrade of our forum software and we have gone from vBulletin 3.6.9 to 3.7.2! This was a MAJOR upgrade and we hope to show you some of the benefits of this upgrade soon. :) (I bet most of you didn't even notice as I tried to make it as transparent as possible) :D

Before making this move we setup a special staff on beta site for testing. In our testing everything ran great and all of the minor bugs that we had were fixed!

Last night when I upgraded the main forum to the new software I hoped that many of the strange issues we had been seeing would be fixed just like they were on our beta site. Unfortunately after completing the upgrade the bugs still stayed.

After some talks with our server guru LER (Larry Rosenman) and confirming it with vBulletin support we figured out what our problem is. Our two servers are running different versions of the Database Server.

When I put up the staff beta test site I set it up on here on the main webserver and used the mySQL here on the webserver instead of setting up the beta database on the dedicated database server (it was just easier to set it up that way for testing)

Anyways in testing everything on the test site works and works well, but here on the live site, all the bugs we had before ( << Previous Message | Next Message >>) the screwed up last post showing old posts on the main forum index etc are still here and other minor yet annoying bugs...

We hae traced it down and it comes down to the fact that we must downgrade the MySQL on the database server to 5.0.51 as 5.1.23 is buggy and is not supported by vBulletin.

So we are going to have to downgrade the MySQL on the database server (probably tonight) so because of this we could be offline tonight for awhile. I know LER will work to keep downtime to a minimum.

It should be noted that this work might be pushed off until tomorrow depending on Larrys work load.

We thank you for your understanding as we work to make SatelliteGuys better for all! :)

I have a bug for ya Scott, when I sign on to the page and hit the 'new posts since last visit" as I always do, I get the "you cannot make a new search so soon, please wait 10 seconds" error. It started this morning sometime...just FYI. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts