Possible Switch from Dish to Directv help please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe we should be asking Dish what they are doing to retain their customers. Apparently not much.
I was a long time customer (11 years) when I left last August and they were willing give me $50 a month off for 12 months my AT-200 package at the time. I owned my own receiver and I returned it to them so it didn't end up in a landfill and could be refurbed and I got a credit for returning it. Went to OTA at the time and loved the $86 a month I was saving.

Reactions: ChadT41
Maybe we should be asking Dish what they are doing to retain their customers. Apparently not much.
Retention is going to be based on the quality of customer. Pay your bill late, or only partial payments, you get maybe $5/6 months. They will wipe their hands clean and wish you better luck in your future endeavors. Be a long time customer that has great payment history and top packaging, and they will likely throw huge discounts and upgrades your way, along with period movie channels and discounted movie channels. Its a business, they want money, and each individual customer has a worth. Funny thing, though.... DTV does the EXACT SAME THING. I just read an article with White talking about concentrating on the true loyal customer and stopping handing out credits to those on the fence. It was eye opening, and a very nice read. Wish I found it when it came out in November.

Retention is going to be based on the quality of customer. Pay your bill late, or only partial payments, you get maybe $5/6 months. They will wipe their hands clean and wish you better luck in your future endeavors. Be a long time customer that has great payment history and top packaging, and they will likely throw huge discounts and upgrades your way, along with period movie channels and discounted movie channels. Its a business, they want money, and each individual customer has a worth. Funny thing, though.... DTV does the EXACT SAME THING. I just read an article with White talking about concentrating on the true loyal customer and stopping handing out credits to those on the fence. It was eye opening, and a very nice read. Wish I found it when it came out in November.

Well White just made it easier for me to switch if I'm ever on the fence. Sorry but $100 for TV , and he wonders why people aren't loyal. I understand asking for discounts here and there but if he's wanting to stop the handing out credits then I'll gladly jump ship. The guy makes millions a year and he wants to do that ? They'd have to give every subscriber that's in their 2nd year discounts in order for it to hurt their bottom line.

I'm the perfect customer. Always pay on time. Have had Dish close to 10 years. I don't care about an upgrade or discount. The reason I'm leaving is to be able to see local pro sport teams. What's the point of having 200 channels but not being able to watch your local team? Direct and all the cable companies offer Root Sports but not Dish.

I'm the perfect customer. Always pay on time. Have had Dish close to 10 years. I don't care about an upgrade or discount. The reason I'm leaving is to be able to see local pro sport teams. What's the point of having 200 channels but not being able to watch your local team? Direct and all the cable companies offer Root Sports but not Dish.
Welcome to Directv then !

Status
Please reply by conversation.