Possible Switch to DT - What's the Best Deal for Whole House?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradesp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Guys,

I have a vacation home on the coast of North Carolina (north of Myrtle Beach). The cost of TIme Warner has gotten ridiculous (nearing $200/mo for internet and cable). And we only use the for 5 months out of the year.

So I went to the DirectTV website and it's bewildering. So ...

Can someone suggest the best "combo" package for basic cable channels that allows for at least 2 main tv's possibly 4 tv's in all? Also, keep in mind I may suspend service at least 1x or 2x a year during the period we're not using the home.

Thanks!

for 2 to 4 TV's, if you ahve the correct package (select package i believe) you can get either the genie (DVR) or genie lite (no DVR) system at no cost. below that package i think they just offer HD or HDDVR receivers. every receiver on the account is $7 each, and the account is charged either $10 for HD or $25 for advanced receiver fee (HD + DVR + whole home (you cant opt out of this)). the first year you get those nice discounts. add in tax, and some other lesser fee's for local stuff. in year 2 you're paying full price. D* only does 2 year contracts for new installs afaik. as far as programming packages go, thats up to you what you want to see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)