Possible To Get DVR Without Fees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think I have you beat. I have two 512's and a 501. :)
I also have have a 3700, but that isn't a DVR.
I have been around a while and back in the day it seems you had to buy your receiver. I am happy that is no longer true.
Maybe the Hopper 4 will come out with an 8 terabyte hard drive and finally convince me to upgrade my HWS with the puny 2 TB drive.

BTW, I was in MicroCenter today and I noticed PLENTY of 1TB, 2TB and 500GB HDDs. Around $60, IIRC.

So there are plenty of them still available.

Odd thing I noticed. The ones marked for surveillance camera use were CHEAPER than the others. Why would that be?

BTW, I was in MicroCenter today and I noticed PLENTY of 1TB, 2TB and 500GB HDDs. Around $60, IIRC.

So there are plenty of them still available.

Odd thing I noticed. The ones marked for surveillance camera use were CHEAPER than the others. Why would that be?
My guess would be that they do not include the "built in" backup utilities for the PC.

Reactions: navychop
I have to say, I'm glad I got rid of those two 7200's I had back in the day. Even got more than I originally paid for them. That has never happened to me before or since with any piece of electronics.

Reactions: osu1991
I have to say, I'm glad I got rid of those two 7200's I had back in the day. Even got more than I originally paid for them. That has never happened to me before or since with any piece of electronics.

Me too. I had 3 of them and sold them for more than I originally paid for them. I was about to recycle one when someone offered to buy it, which led me to sell all of them.

Are they holding your doors open well?
Ha ha. Actually, I was able to fill up the 501 with stuff I wanted to watch, before Dish stopped broadcasting in a format that it can handle. The 512's still work for free preview channels. I have a bunch of Mythbusters episodes on one of them, recorded during a Science Channel preview last year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)