Possible to receive all channels on different bird?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Outlier

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Hi all,

I am in a "fringe zone" I guess they call it and after DTV tweak the bird last year we lost some of the channels that are included in our Basic Plus package. When traveling I have been pointing to 101 DTV 4 S.

If I try another bird that is in the same area like 101 DTV 2 will I be able to get these back?

The Pay per View channels seem to come and go. Some that winked out are now back but others are now gone.

Poop have not been able to rent the Da Vinci Code since it is now on 165 that is no "searching for satellite signal" and no longer available.

Can I increase the size of my dish to pick these up?

I just added the Ivorcom .3db LNB that is allegedly the best for circular polarization of DTV and best signal boosting, but if the bird has pointed some transponder to the very far north that means we will not get them when we travel a bit further south?

Hi all,

I am in a "fringe zone" I guess they call it and after DTV tweak the bird last year we lost some of the channels that are included in our Basic Plus package. When traveling I have been pointing to 101 DTV 4 S.

If I try another bird that is in the same area like 101 DTV 2 will I be able to get these back?

The Pay per View channels seem to come and go. Some that winked out are now back but others are now gone.

Poop have not been able to rent the Da Vinci Code since it is now on 165 that is no "searching for satellite signal" and no longer available.

Can I increase the size of my dish to pick these up?

I just added the Ivorcom .3db LNB that is allegedly the best for circular polarization of DTV and best signal boosting, but if the bird has pointed some transponder to the very far north that means we will not get them when we travel a bit further south?

When you point to 101, you should pick up Directv 1R, 4S, and 8. They are co-located, so if you get one, you get them all. I don't know where Directv 2 is, but it's not at 101.

Tnx I assumed this was the case. I think DTV may be shifting some transpionders to spot beams. Apparantly if I increase dish to 12' form teh 6' I may regain some of these weaker ones. But can not find such a dish here < $2.5K

I actually LOST signal with the Invacom 0.3! So far my best results have been with the Cal-Amp LNB.

You should be ok with an 8-foot dish if you're south of the border, as far down as El Salvador. They are selling for around $1000 now in the area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts