Possible to show only Movies on H3?

bphillips09

Original poster
Oct 5, 2021
New Orleans, LA
Hi everyone! First-time Dish subscriber here - switched from having Cox cable for the last 15+ years and extremely happy so far with Dish. There is one thing though that we used all the time with Cox that I can't seem to figure out how to replicate on a Hopper3.

Is it possible to only show Movies "On Now"? i.e. display a list of movies currently airing? I see it's possible to do on DishAnywhere.com, just by selecting "Movies" it will only show channels with movies - but the "Movies" tab on the H3 only shows on-demand movies. (see pic)

I'm looking for similar functionality to clicking the "Movies" button on DishAnywhere does.

Thanks for any insight!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Was about to say that I've never heard of Dish having that available on there receivers but what do you know, I actually learned something today. On the main menu (Home button x 1) you can go down to Trending Now, then select See More to the left. Once you're in there you should have a section called Movies, then you can select See All to the left again to see everything that is on.

Reactions: TheKrell
Was about to say that I've never heard of Dish having that available on there receivers but what do you know, I actually learned something today. On the main menu (Home button x 1) you can go down to Trending Now, then select See More to the left. Once you're in there you should have a section called Movies, then you can select See All to the left again to see everything that is on.
Ah nice! I can confirm that it does work on my Hopper 3. However, the "Trending Now" section doesn't seem to show up on my Joeys but that's fine.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! First-time Dish subscriber here - switched from having Cox cable for the last 15+ years and extremely happy so far with Dish. There is one thing though that we used all the time with Cox that I can't seem to figure out how to replicate on a Hopper3.

Is it possible to only show Movies "On Now"? i.e. display a list of movies currently airing? I see it's possible to do on DishAnywhere.com, just by selecting "Movies" it will only show channels with movies - but the "Movies" tab on the H3 only shows on-demand movies. (see pic)

I'm looking for similar functionality to clicking the "Movies" button on DishAnywhere does.

Thanks for any insight!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC
Welcome to Dish.:clapping:welcome2