Possible to show only Movies on H3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bphillips09

Original poster
Oct 5, 2021
New Orleans, LA
Hi everyone! First-time Dish subscriber here - switched from having Cox cable for the last 15+ years and extremely happy so far with Dish. There is one thing though that we used all the time with Cox that I can't seem to figure out how to replicate on a Hopper3.

Is it possible to only show Movies "On Now"? i.e. display a list of movies currently airing? I see it's possible to do on DishAnywhere.com, just by selecting "Movies" it will only show channels with movies - but the "Movies" tab on the H3 only shows on-demand movies. (see pic)

I'm looking for similar functionality to clicking the "Movies" button on DishAnywhere does.

Thanks for any insight!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Was about to say that I've never heard of Dish having that available on there receivers but what do you know, I actually learned something today. On the main menu (Home button x 1) you can go down to Trending Now, then select See More to the left. Once you're in there you should have a section called Movies, then you can select See All to the left again to see everything that is on.

Reactions: TheKrell
Was about to say that I've never heard of Dish having that available on there receivers but what do you know, I actually learned something today. On the main menu (Home button x 1) you can go down to Trending Now, then select See More to the left. Once you're in there you should have a section called Movies, then you can select See All to the left again to see everything that is on.
Ah nice! I can confirm that it does work on my Hopper 3. However, the "Trending Now" section doesn't seem to show up on my Joeys but that's fine.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! First-time Dish subscriber here - switched from having Cox cable for the last 15+ years and extremely happy so far with Dish. There is one thing though that we used all the time with Cox that I can't seem to figure out how to replicate on a Hopper3.

Is it possible to only show Movies "On Now"? i.e. display a list of movies currently airing? I see it's possible to do on DishAnywhere.com, just by selecting "Movies" it will only show channels with movies - but the "Movies" tab on the H3 only shows on-demand movies. (see pic)

I'm looking for similar functionality to clicking the "Movies" button on DishAnywhere does.

Thanks for any insight!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC
Welcome to Dish.:clapping:welcome2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts