Possible Upcoming Software Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It only shows 3 tuners when hitting the red button. Under software version it says: S213 NACB 6/22/2012, 1:29AM

Only reason I knew it was working was because I saw this "tip"
photo-1.JPG

Cool! So hopefully if things go right, I'd say we'll all see this within 2 weeks or so!

It only shows 3 tuners when hitting the red button. Under software version it says: S213 NACB 6/22/2012, 1:29AM

Only reason I knew it was working was because I saw this "tip"
View attachment 78268

Are you able to LINK your Hopper to another Hopper? BLUE button - Whole Home - Click on the other Hopper, does it say LINKED? Probably just wishful thinking here...

Oh also, are you able to delete shows from the other Hopper? I really hope they can get the Hoppers to act like the Joeys soon!

Did the Joeys update? Do they see both Hoppers in the DVR menu too?

I am wondering if this update addresses a couple of issues:

-Have they added a setting to choose the default guide?
-Have they added an option to enable/disable nested/collapsible channels?

To me, those are more important issues than the every-half-hour stutter. In fact, that stutter is so minor on my Hopper, that I barely notice it at all. I wonder if it is worse for people who have PTAT enabled?

I am wondering if this update addresses a couple of issues:

-Have they added a setting to choose the default guide?
-Have they added an option to enable/disable nested/collapsible channels?

To me, those are more important issues than the every-half-hour stutter. In fact, that stutter is so minor on my Hopper, that I barely notice it at all. I wonder if it is worse for people who have PTAT enabled?
I don't think I've ever seen this issue......that said I'm not an intense watcher; PTAT enabled and disabled.:coffee

I have S213 here and am watching content on Hopper 2 from Hopper 1! This is much sooner than I anticipated this being rolled out. An excellent first step towards integration.

Playing with it some more: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can access the EHD connected to Hopper 1 from Hopper 2. Hopefully, they keep on improving Hopper integration.

I think I may have seen it. But, if so, it was so minor that it was barely noticeable.

I notice it at the beginning/end of almost every program, but interestingly, I notice it much less often in the middle of a one hour show, or several times during a two hour movie. It needs to be fixed though.

No difference with PTAT on or off.

Playing with it some more: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can access the EHD connected to Hopper 1 from Hopper 2. Hopefully, they keep on improving Hopper integration.

DAMN! So I guess I'm going to have to keep the extra Joey for the "FULL" whole-home integration of 3 Hoppers...

DAMN! So I guess I'm going to have to keep the extra Joey for the "FULL" whole-home integration of 3 Hoppers...

Someone here posted they had 3-hopper access from their Joeys because they were all linked via wireless bridges/Ethernet and not the MOCA network. I wonder if this arrangement will give three hopper integration?

Someone here posted they had 3-hopper access from their Joeys because they were all linked via wireless bridges/Ethernet and not the MOCA network. I wonder if this arrangement will give three hopper integration?

I have my MoCA network AND my Ethernet/wireless networks hooked to my Hoppers. All 3 Hoppers can see each other on the MoCA network. The 1 Joey on the MoCA network (only) can see all 3 Hoppers. The other Joey which is only on Ethernet/wireless can also see all 3 Hoppers. The Joeys can link to any of the 3 Hoppers. The problem is that Hoppers cannot link to each other even though they can see each other. This is a software limitation that I was hoping would be fixed in S213, however I'm beginning to believe it has not (yet) been fixed...

EDIT: In case you were wondering, the way to get 3 Hoppers on the same MoCA network is to hook the "Client" ports from the Solo/Duo nodes together.

Last edited:
In case you were wondering, the way to get 3 Hoppers on the same MoCA network is to hook the "Client" ports from the Solo/Duo nodes together.

I don't think I'd read that tid-bit. Thanks. So all Joeys need to be cascaded off the one client port or on taps?

I don't think I'd read that tid-bit. Thanks. So all Joeys need to be cascaded off the one client port or on taps?

Well, with my setup, here's how it goes: Duo Node has 2 Hoppers, 1 per HOST port. Solo Node has 1 Hopper on it's single HOST port. The 1 Joey connected via MoCA is on one of the Duo Node's CLIENT ports. The other CLIENT port of the Duo Node is hooked to the single CLIENT port on the Solo Node. I believe the way to add another Joey would be a tap on (any) one of the HOST ports or a splitter on the CLIENT port connected to a Joey. Who knows, heck it might even work if you place the splitter between the two CLIENT ports that are hooked together. I'm beginning to think that the CLIENT ports are basically built-in taps/splitters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts