Possible update on USA Network HD

I would call dish, but as a installer for dish i really want a free day from talking to DASH. I just really want to see sum DIVA HD!!!!!!!!

Dish is too busy sitting on it's hands not doing a damn thing.

My dad switched to DirecTv on Saturday because of it.

Me, I still have Dish at my house for now.

I'll give them a few more weeks then I'm gone.

I think i was told that they would have around 100 hd chans by summer, but who knows? kinda like direct tvs 150 chan by the end of the year deal and then it didnt happen? Only time will tell.

Whether they add it by summer or not is not the point. The point is that they cleared space specifically for it and SciFi HD a month ago. That, and there are programs people want to watch NOW, not this summer.

I think that everyone needs to remember that just because E* put the channels up on the bird, doesn't mean the are close to releasing it. It COULD be a negotiation tactic to try to get a lower price from the owners of the stations. Fact is that we don't what is going on, and won't know until E* lights up the channels. This is a business, and E* is trying to make money, so they are going to get the best price they can for a channel.

Just think what would happen if they got every channel that came one with out negotiating for it. How quick do you think your bill would skyrocket?? If you want the lowest price, then these things will take their time. Just be patient.

Just think what would happen if they got every channel that came one with out negotiating for it. How quick do you think your bill would skyrocket??

Either that - or it'd be around $2-3 per month more expensive Directv manages to provide these channels without the screaming and shouting .. for not too much more each month .. I suspect the problem is a combination of space and price. Maybe they have already committed the space they have available for channels that have not yet "gone live" with their HD .... (Speed?)

The fact is - Dish is going to negotiate for a better deal so that more money goes into their back pocket .. not so that the end user gets a better deal .. if they happen to drop a few customers here or there - so be it ...

If you want all of the channels right now - you need a different provider ... if you want a provider that will add them eventually and give you a few dollars per month break on your bill for the "inconvenience" of their negotiation tactics .. you need Dish.

Either way - the "dish is doing you a favor by negotiating a better deal on your behalf" argument is just plain wrong IMHO.

:)

I have contacted them via chat. Basically they don't care. Their response was the general "There is no new information". They are working on it and it will be available soon.

I canceled my Locals a month ago because I have a huge antenna and I am able to receive over the air HD locals. However after canceling Locals the programming information stopped being displayed. Programming information is carried digitally. I have an HD receiver that I used before I went Dish HD and that receiver displays all programming information. Also my Computer's built in HD Receiver displays programming. However Dish stopped displaying programming and only displayed Digital Signal in all the blocks.

Regardless, I contacted them via phone today and had to ad my local channels back so that my over the air antenna HD channels would once again display programming information so that my DVR will work again.

While on the phone I asked them about USA HD and Scifi HD and took the opportunity to voice my dissatisfaction with not yet having USA HD and SCIFI HD. I remained courteous and polite. I did not want to sound like an irate customer because that definitely doesn't get you anywhere. I just wanted to make sure that my voiced opinion could be noted and hopefully passed up through management.

I have spoken to Dish several times this past week. I have been researching programming options in an attempt to save a little cash. After all over 1000 channels of nothing to watch gets a little boring. Every person that has answered the phone this past week has sounded depressed or angry. I have not gotten one cheery person this last week.

The person I spoke with today sounded so depressed that I felt like going back to bed myself and covering up for the remainder of the day.

I don't know. For the channels I, personally, watch, the switch to DirecTV would cost me an extra $21.00 per month.

that's the beauty of having a choice .. it isnt the same for everyone ... only one channel that i watch (fox soccer) makes it around $7 per month more expensive for me to with Directv .. without that one channel it would be closer to $2. per month.

Certainly not huge price difference for the amount of negotiations they seem to put in.

:)

I
Just think what would happen if they got every channel that came one with out negotiating for it. How quick do you think your bill would skyrocket?? If you want the lowest price, then these things will take their time. Just be patient.

Directv does it and my prices are pritty close to E*. Infact my bill only went up 5 bucks this year. Infact if I remember right, Chase Carey Directvs ceo said adding an hd channel that allready has an SD couterpart costs them nothing.

Directv does it and my prices are pritty close to E*. Infact my bill only went up 5 bucks this year. Infact if I remember right, Chase Carey Directvs ceo said adding an hd channel that allready has an SD couterpart costs them nothing.
Only if the contracts already in place allow for the addition of the HD counterpart.

Might move to DIRECT TV

Only if the contracts already in place allow for the addition of the HD counterpart.

You know it’s sad I get a discount on Dish service as an employee with AT&T and even I am thinking about going to direct TV. It is just the lack of communication that upsets me. If they can't add USA or SCI/FI FINE but tell me why and perhaps when or at least tell me it’s in the works and you can't comment but something. This whole watch the website crap is getting old.

The last rep who told me that I said no I think I will go over to my buddies house that has DIRECT and watch his TV. I don't know about all of you but I do not have time to check the website every time I find a new show I want to see in HD going live "WWE"...

The only reason I have not left dish is because my service is flawless from a reception standpoint I have only lost sat signal maybe 4 times in 2 years. I don't want to mess with the miracle I have achieved. Not sure Direct can touch that since my neighbor has D and always losses his.

This is also just a temp until AT&T gets U-verse in my area.

Anyways that’s my 10 cents.

Your right, but why in the world would you accept a contract in the past two years with out the HD provision? You would be Nutz and Crazy not to knowing that all this high def is coming online.

Call me crazy but I could see E* missing that detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts