Post any unpopular opinions that you have that aren't political or religious...

We are getting off topic. The Apple platform is elegant and works well. Many hate the price, but I don't care about price. I don't care if their system is proprietary.

In 45 years of managing high priced IT technologist, I have learned to ignore much of their gripes and esoteric arguments. At the highest level, it's about functionality and ease of use.
Nothing about the Apple platform is elegant and nothing about it makes sense, it’s one giant annoyance and it sucks using their products in a corporate environment. Microsoft InTune MDM is the only way these devices can be used for business. Doing away with iPads in my organization has made my life so much easier. Unfortunately, 25% of the company phones are still Apple. It’s not 100% the cost of Apple products, it’s how little you get for the money because you are paying for a status symbol. They are extremely overpriced for what you get.

My HP laptop was well over $4000 and worth every penny. The upgradability and the reparability are worth the price lone and it has specs that no laptop with a shiny fruit logo can touch. When I get my Z6 workstation, it will undoubtedly cost much less than an equivalently (or lower) spec’d trash can or cheese grater from Apple.

I don’t like to be told what to do and I don’t like being told what I can and cannot do with the products I spend my money on. The best part about owning an iPhone was jailbreaking it to give me the functionality that Android phones and Windows PDAs had at the time since Apple devices are typically behind the times. Every time I did something on a jailbroken device I felt like I was putting a pin in a Jobs voodoo doll. It felt so good.

Nothing about the Apple platform is elegant and nothing about it makes sense, it’s one giant annoyance and it sucks using their products in a corporate environment. Microsoft InTune MDM is the only way these devices can be used for business. Doing away with iPads in my organization has made my life so much easier. Unfortunately, 25% of the company phones are still Apple. It’s not 100% the cost of Apple products, it’s how little you get for the money because you are paying for a status symbol. They are extremely overpriced for what you get.

My HP laptop was well over $4000 and worth every penny. The upgradability and the reparability are worth the price lone and it has specs that no laptop with a shiny fruit logo can touch. When I get my Z6 workstation, it will undoubtedly cost much less than an equivalently (or lower) spec’d trash can or cheese grater from Apple.

I don’t like to be told what to do and I don’t like being told what I can and cannot do with the products I spend my money on. The best part about owning an iPhone was jailbreaking it to give me the functionality that Android phones and Windows PDAs had at the time since Apple devices are typically behind the times. Every time I did something on a jailbroken device I felt like I was putting a pin in a Jobs voodoo doll. It felt so good.
I was an executive in a few of the largest companies in America and they are full of Apple products that work great in an enterprise environment. I was a windows/Apple dual user for 17 years myself. A huge portion of the population loves the interoperability and consistency of Apple. An event occurs on one Apple device and all my Apple devicews update. Plus I have never had to have any security products unlike Window frail OS

Yeah, Apple was way behind the times when they introduced the iPhone….

Right.
The iPhone that:
Could not multitask
Did not support app switching
Did not support MMS
Could not take video
Did not have an LED flash
Could not stream high quality video over cellular data

Most of these things my flip phones and/or Windows Pocket PCs of the time could do.

Blackberry was better anyway for users that wanted tools not toys.

I was an executive in a few of the largest companies in America and they are full of Apple products that work great in an enterprise environment. I was a windows/Apple dual user for 17 years myself. A huge portion of the population loves the interoperability and consistency of Apple. An event occurs on one Apple device and all my Apple devicews update. Plus I have never had to have any security products unlike Window frail OS

Don't need nor want all of my devices to update and sync junk from all over the place, each one of my devices has a specific purpose. No security worries here, up to date with all OS updates, BIOS is kept up to date, SEP installed and configured with custom policies, firewall ACLs in place. Don't have the false sense of security / security by obscurity mentality that most Apple elites seem to have. Apple mobile devices are only functional in enterprise with proper MDM. It is so friggen stupid that you need and Apple account and credit card on file to download free apps from the app store.

I like that I'm not locked into a single manufacture and platform to achieve what I want. I was sharing out music/videos/photos from my HTC Android phone and HP Windows computer to my Sony Smart TV in 2010, no Apple devices needed.

S. Jobs, J. Bezos, M. Zuckerberg, E. Musk = The Mount Rushmore of the Axis of Evil

Don't need nor want all of my devices to update and sync junk from all over the place, each one of my devices has a specific purpose. No security worries here, up to date with all OS updates, BIOS is kept up to date, SEP installed and configured with custom policies, firewall ACLs in place. Don't have the false sense of security / security by obscurity mentality that most Apple elites seem to have. Apple mobile devices are only functional in enterprise with proper MDM. It is so friggen stupid that you need and Apple account and credit card on file to download free apps from the app store.

I like that I'm not locked into a single manufacture and platform to achieve what I want. I was sharing out music/videos/photos from my HTC Android phone and HP Windows computer to my Sony Smart TV in 2010, no Apple devices needed.

S. Jobs, J. Bezos, M. Zuckerberg, E. Musk = The Mount Rushmore of the Axis of Evil
I'm happy for you but your opinions are not representative of a big portion of the world.

BTW, No is more evil than Bill Gates with his politics

Reactions: navychop
I had a Windows “pocket pc.” Piece of useless crap.

And I found it FAR easier to connect Android and iOS devices to our Exchange email etc than the Windows PIECE OF sh*t cell phone.

Did you like Microsoft Bob?

The environmental movement in the United States is their own worst enemy because they have some stupid goals that alienate everyone else. They look at places like Europe or Japan or even China and they go, "Look at all those people riding bicycles or taking trains to work, we should make that the norm in America!" And every time they say something like that, it causes people to want them to take a long bicycle ride down the middle of a well-used train track. While some Americans will ride bikes for pleasure, and some city dwellers will ride trains or subways because they have no better options, most Americans need access to a car. And almost nobody wants to try to ride a bicycle to work during a thunderstorm or a blizzard, nor do they want to be packed into a smelly bus or train. The environmental zealots may think they want those things, but they are just lying to themselves - or they want other people to do those things.

The difference between the USA an Europe is we don't have the kind of infrastructure they do, nor do we have labor protections like they do. If a monsoon was coming ashore in China their government would likely tell their citizens to stay home (they shut down entire parts of the country over Covid). If a tropical storm was coming into New York City there would be employers telling employees to either find a way to get to work or they're fired. Different cultures.

What American environmentalists should be pushing for is better electric cars and especially better and less expensive batteries for those cars. Batteries in particular cost too mach and don't last long enough. At least once or twice a month I read where some new battery technology has been developed that is safer, smaller, and/or less expensive than the batteries we are using now, then after that no one ever talks about them again. We also need good inexpensive solar panels on the roofs (and maybe hoods and trunk lids) of cars to help charge them when the car is just sitting idle. But most Americans would accept electric cars and many even desire them, whereas such is not the case for bicycles or even public transportation. We are a car nation and that's not going to change even if it gets to be 150 degrees in Phoenix in the summer! And the more they try to force the issue... well, I had better stop there since this isn't supposed to be political.

I had a Windows “pocket pc.” Piece of useless crap.

And I found it FAR easier to connect Android and iOS devices to our Exchange email etc than the Windows PIECE OF sh*t cell phone.

Did you like Microsoft Bob?
I’ve had two Windows based Pocket PCs, purchased one in 2002 and it’s replacement in 2008 and while they were limited with what they could do, for the time they were great devices. The handwriting recognition was amazing, being able to check email, basic web browsing and such was nice. Sure, web pages didn’t look that great, but how many websites were formatted for mobile view in 2002/2003? Popped in an SD card and loaded it up with music and connected the PDA to my car and I had a 1000+ song rotation before most people knew what the iPod was.

I had Pocket versions of all of the applications I needed, there were volunteer communities that developed some really slick productivity applications and I was streaming both Sirius and XM using community developed applications years before streaming music became mainstream. One of the PDAs had an IR sensor and I was able turn it into a Philips Pronto knockoff. I was able to browse my network and access shared directories using UNC file paths.

For the time, it was anything but useless.

And both of them had biometric security using fingerprint scanners. Another thing that Apple was late on when it comes to the iPhone.

They were late to:
- Biometric security, both fingerprint and facial
- 720p, 1080p, 1440p displays (but they had their own made up ‘Retina’ display which is made up marketing speak for small display resulting in high pixel density)
- Front facing speakers / stereo speakers
- LTE
- NFC

One thing over the years I noticed is no matter how many specific examples are brought up, the Apple iSheep never address things directly. Instead of posting a rebuttal I get a mad face emoticon. I really don’t care either way, but find it interesting that's how you chose to respond. Maybe because the only other response would involve admitting that while there was plenty of things the early iPhones could do, there was a lot of basic functionality they could not do that other comparable options of the time could do. But that doesn't matter because Apple is flashy, shiny, popular, hip, they have snazzy commercials that make you think buying their overrated junk will make you feel young and alive, it's what the rich people and celebrities' use. I'll take a Panasonic Toughpad over any dainty iPad, I'll take a Getac X600 over that fail looking Mac Book with 1 port.

Reactions: Comptech
I'm happy for you but your opinions are not representative of a big portion of the world.

BTW, No is more evil than Bill Gates with his politics
I really don’t care. I’m not a slave to popular opinion, I can think for myself. I buy the devices that are best suited for me, not based on what I see being used by the beanie hat wearers sipping their overpriced swill at Starbucks.

I don’t care much for Gates either, especially the last few years. But his influence at Microsoft has extremely diminished and is now near non-existent.
The other guy has an unnatural hatred of Apple. It's creepy

Apple products are overrated status symbols and it’s not creepy at all to call them out. What is creepy however is those who stand in line for hours and hours like sheep waiting for a phone that marginally different than the one they bought 12 months (or less prior). Talk about a creepy cult.

Reactions: FTA4PA and Comptech
I really don’t care. I’m not a slave to popular opinion, I can think for myself. I buy the devices that are best suited for me, not based on what I see being used by the beanie hat wearers sipping their overpriced swill at Starbucks.

I don’t care much for Gates either, especially the last few years. But his influence at Microsoft has extremely diminished and is now near non-existent.

Apple products are overrated status symbols and it’s not creepy at all to call them out. What is creepy however is those who stand in line for hours and hours like sheep waiting for a phone that marginally different than the one they bought 12 months (or less prior). Talk about a creepy cult.
Why do I think you will now go over to the LINUX forum ands argue with them? Got a feeling you foster the computer wars all day long. Hint: no one cares

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts