Post-Game Blackouts

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
This was asked in the DirecTV forums, but I thought I would ask it here because it is happening on Dish Network also. I noticed the other night that the Cardinals post game show was blacked out. They only blacked out the games in the past, but now they are blacking out any Cardinals pre and post-game shows. Does anyone know if the blackout rules have changed?

Any call to Dish Network in the past regarding blackout rules has resulted in them just spouting off standard scripts.

It is not a Dish or provider issue. It is MLB.

I understand that blackout rules come from MLB. What I am asking is if they changed the rules this year. Is there anyone who is knowledgeable enough about the rules that knows the answer.

I noticed this with the Cardinals as well (they've had a few long, high scoring games in a row so I was hoping to catch a little bit of the end). If this is a new MLB thing, blacking out through the postgame show, that's a nice feature of the multi-sport pack gone.

sigh.

I understand that blackout rules come from MLB. What I am asking is if they changed the rules this year. Is there anyone who is knowledgeable enough about the rules that knows the answer.
I don't know if they changed the rules but I know it was not like this in the past. It wont surprise me if they did. I was just pointing out that it is not only Dish with this issue. People with Direct are complaining about the same thing. Since this is only an issue with MLB and with bothy providers that carry out of market RSNs, one can only conclude it is MLB and not Dish or Direct

I wonder if it's just part of MLB protecting their entire product??

Though...you can still catch the pre and post game coverage on Red Sox games on NESN???

But yea...something has changed on a lot of the RSN coverages..??!!

If people know it's an MLB problem, why are you calling someone overseas who doesn't know about the nuances of blackouts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)