Post Install Questions

accidentaldog

Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
NE Indiana
I am obviously new to both the forum and dish network, but I tried to use this forum extensively to learn as much as I could about what we would need for our install. I ordered a 722k w/ the OTA module so that we could get a local subchannel (PBS kids). Dish is the single 1000 and I am unsure as to which satellites we are receiving, I assume the eastern arc (I am in NE Indiana).

My problem: I was at work during the install and when I came home, I found that the installer did a nice clean install with the outdoor wiring. However on the indoor wiring he cut my OTA antenna wire in my attic which I bought and ran through my house (yes, sentimental attachment there). He added a splitter at the antenna and attached both the satellite and OTA antenna to the splitter. He then used the original antenna run to get it to the 722k receiver location in the house. I was hoping that he would use my antenna run as a guide for the new run (wire) to the receiver.

I am wondering whether I need him to come back out and do the new run I thought he would need to make or if the OTA signal is somehow in with the satellite signal in the same wire. (Seems very unlikely to me) Please help me and I will be happy to try and clarify if I didn't explain things well enough.

That isn't a splitter it is a diplexer and there should be a second one near the receiver. Read the face of it and it should be labelled Saton one side and Ant on the other.

That isn't a splitter it is a diplexer and there should be a second one near the receiver. Read the face of it and it should be labelled Saton one side and Ant on the other.

Well that is terribly embarrassing. Thank you very much for the help. I will stick to my day job.

Now that I only need to obtain the OTA module and connect the diplexed (word?) signals to the receiver, should I just call Dish network to send me the module or do I need another installer to come out and put this in for me? Despite my negligence I do feel I could easily install it, I just am not familiar with Dish Network policies. Again thank you so much for the help, I am glad that I could embarrass myself here and not with a CSR or installer. :eek:

If I was you I would call dish and find out if your work order had the OTA mod on it. if the work order does not show that you need the OTA then the tech would not have hooked it up. If so I would inform them that you did not get what you wanted if that was the case, regardless of what you find out, I think the best way to handle this is to go threw dish and have them send a tech out.

Well that is terribly embarrassing. Thank you very much for the help. I will stick to my day job.

Now that I only need to obtain the OTA module and connect the diplexed (word?) signals to the receiver, should I just call Dish network to send me the module or do I need another installer to come out and put this in for me? Despite my negligence I do feel I could easily install it, I just am not familiar with Dish Network policies. Again thank you so much for the help, I am glad that I could embarrass myself here and not with a CSR or installer. :eek:

ONe question..Who was at home at the time of install?
Now, if the tech did not have an OTA module listed on his work order ,he could NOT have installed on without the module being added to said work order.
This is a classic case of a customer who had important input for the tech before that tech started work, was not present for the the install.
People..if it is important enough for you to have special instructions for an install tech it is important enough for you to make yourself available AT HOME for your install appointment...Thank you.
Yes, "diplexed" is a word....at least it is in this business.
If it were my job and I could have without much effort, would have run a separate line for the satellite and left the antenna line intact.
But that's just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)