post pictures of your setup!

GaryPen said:
These pics are a little old. I've since re-arranged my LR, shifting this stuff to a different wall, and adding a 721, in addition to the 811.

Soon, I will be swapping the Sony receiver for a Denon, the Samsung DVD/VCR for a Sony DVD recorder, and the BIC tower speakers for bookshelf models.

I will post new pics when the new equipment is in. By that time, Scott should have the Member Theater Showcase back up, hopefully.

I like it!

GaryPen said:
These pics are a little old. I've since re-arranged my LR, shifting this stuff to a different wall, and adding a 721, in addition to the 811.

Soon, I will be swapping the Sony receiver for a Denon, the Samsung DVD/VCR for a Sony DVD recorder, and the BIC tower speakers for bookshelf models.

I will post new pics when the new equipment is in. By that time, Scott should have the Member Theater Showcase back up, hopefully.

Hey pal, I'm from the IWDWFP&CABP, (I Will Do Work For Pizza & Cheeto's And Butter Popcorn) society, care to donate?
:cool:

GaryPen said:

So that is where the theater showcase went. I was actually starting to think my memory was failing when I could not find it.

Here is mine.

Here is my set up. I included some pictures of the overall set up and some things I though were a bit unique.

Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX Receiver
JVC S7500U VCR
Yamaha DVDC-920 (5 DVD changer)
Dish 811 Receiver
Sony 60" GWII
Volodyne 1200 Subwoofer

Speakers:
Definitive Technology
Fronts - Studio Monitor 350's
Center - CLR 2002
Rear - UIWBP/A

Remote: Pronto 3000

The box with the sand is actually where my sub woofer sits on. it was suggested by the store were I bought my Velodyne and I have to say my cabinet does not rattle one bit (even with LOTR running). I also wanted to include a shot of my PS2 located below my GWII. Notice how the Memory stick slot is hidden. Overall I am very happy with my set up.

Attachments

• DSC02249.JPG
    DSC02249.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN0398.jpg
    DSCN0398.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02267.jpg
    DSC02267.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN0413.jpg
    DSCN0413.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC02271.jpg
    DSC02271.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN0423.jpg
    DSCN0423.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 324
Bobby said:
Gary, It's a Denon 4802. Yes, I not only like it, I love it. Works well with the 811 also. :) I got this guy at Magnolia a while back for $1500.

Ooooh. A 4802. Nice! That was almost top o da line, wasn't it? The current 5803 is just too rich for my blood. I'll have to settle for a new 2805s/985s or discontinued 3803s. (I like silver!)

GaryPen said:
WJD - Your setup is absofugginlutely fabulous. The wood work is beautiful. Nice selection of components, as well. To use a highly technical term.."Good sh*t!"

Thanks Gary. I would have liked to get more seperation on the Front speakers but there was no way I could accomplish it with the room layout. Whenever, Scott gets the HT gallery back up, I will post a view of the construction pics complete with all the holes. I believe I had like 45 holes in my walls at one point to get the cabeling from the cabinet to the rear speakers and outside to the Dish and OTA antenna.

I wish I could have gone rear protection like you have, but with my layout and light issues that was not possible. The light issues and glare was actually the driving factors for my Sony LCD purchase. Oh.. Yes the blacks are not black. ;)

The other thing I would have done differently was not go with the Yamaha DVD. Nice unit, but to turn it off you have to walk over and press the off button. This results in it being on whenever the receiver is on. I wish this unit had descrete codes so I could turn it on only when needed.

GaryPen said:
...I'll have to settle for a new 2805s/985s or discontinued 3803s. (I like silver!)

You won't be settling for but saving with in the 2805. You won't get very much more paying a whole lot more unless you have the hearing of a bat! :D :D

WeeJavaDude said:
I wish I could have gone rear protection like you have, but with my layout and light issues that was not possible.
Umm. You did go rear projection. Mine is front. :)
WeeJavaDude said:
Oh.. Yes the blacks are not black. ;)
What do you mean? Do they speak proper English and keep their pants pulled all the way up?

GaryPen said:
Umm. You did go rear projection. Mine is front. :)
LOL... You are correct.. I inverted my projections.

GaryPen said:
What do you mean? Do they speak proper English and keep their pants pulled all the way up?

Boy not sure how to answer this one and be politically correct. The Biggest complaint about LCDs are that the black colors on the screen are not black but a shade of grey. It is what everyone yells about when talking about LCDs. Personally my LCD give a very cinematic view and I am happy with my purchase.

Here's mine.

Hitachi 57S500 HDTV

PANSAT 2500-A FTA
Dish 921 DVR
Zenith DVB318 DVD 1080i
Magnavox VCR
Harmon Kardon AVR-7200
(Surge Protector/Power cond)

PSB Image 5T's, 2B's (Cherry finish) & 9C(black)

Attachments

• ht.jpg
    ht.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 423
  • ht2.jpg
    ht2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 280
Mark_AR said:
Here's mine.

Hitachi 57S500 HDTV

PANSAT 2500-A FTA
Dish 921 DVR
Zenith DVB318 DVD 1080i
Magnavox VCR
Harmon Kardon AVR-7200
(Surge Protector/Power cond)

PSB Image 5T's, 2B's (Cherry finish) & 9C(black)

nice where did you get your entertainment center?

mburgess said:
nice where did you get your entertainment center?
I got it at an estate auction for under $700.

You can put something similar together from Walmart. It won't have the exact look, but it won't have the high cost either. (See Pic)

0004266698474_215X215.jpg

2 Peirs and the Bridge would be just over 300.00 shipped from Walmart.com.

Link to Piers $94.88 ea
Link to Bridge $64.32

GaryPen said:
As long as there's no hate or malice, there's nothing wrong with political INcorrectness. People need to lighten the fugg up.

No Sh*t. When/Why the hell did everyone become so afraid of words. We aren't even allowed to have a sense of humor anymore. I was watching Blazing Saddles the other day and thinking to myself " there is no way this movie could be made today". Can you imagine the all the "groups" that would be in an uproar? It's just sad. :( :no

NightRyder

Looks nice HDTVBOB. And you have one of those torch lamps that are famous for burning houses down. :confused: :eek:

NightRyder said:
I was watching Blazing Saddles the other day and thinking to myself " there is no way this movie could be made today". Can you imagine the all the "groups" that would be in an uproar? It's just sad. :( :no

NightRyder
I swear I was doing and thinking the same thing just last week! (I had just bought the 30th anniversary DVD.)

It's amazing that a sophisticated urbanite like myself so often agrees with a backwoods redneck like you. ;)