2004_0827AE.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 2004_0827AF.jpg
    2004_0827AF.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 2004_0827AH.jpg
    2004_0827AH.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 282
Hard working + saving in our house means wife spends money and finds ways for me to not get the toys I want unless I argue and whine.

hzhao said:
Here they are......

I don't understand the 921 for the KITCHEN, but a 721 for the home theater? Also, wouldn't a 721 or 50x be better suited for the kids' room than an 811? Also, with all that money flying around, why not spring for an equipment rack for the family room. Stacking all that crap on top of the RP looks a little cheesy for such an elaborately equipped household.

GaryPen,

The only reason that theater got 721 is becasue that is a old projector, non-hd one. It was there for quite some time now. As for the family room, it was a non complete project so far, I am working on getting some custom furnitures. As for the kid's room, it also serve for guest from time to time.

Neutron,

Here is what my tips as far as to balance between wife and toys, I will always keep her happy in terms weekly shopping mall trip, it does not have to spend a lot, but make sure never miss the trip :)

Neutron said:
That is one lucky kid!!

Forget the kid! Someone's doing pretty well money-wise when they have a 921 setup in the kitchen of all places! How does the $1,000 receiver wind up there?!?!

I did ask myself before I put the 921 in kitchen if that was too crazy...... But look in most of househood, other than the bedroom, the most of family time has consumed in kitchen area! Even for the visitors, you often just gathering aroung the center island, talking and drinking, etc. I do find that I use the one in kitchen very much everyday. I wish the design of the cabnit opening area could be a little larger, 26" there is OK, but so" or 32" will be much better..........

Pictures of my setup.

I would first like to mention that I enjoy all the home theater photos that have been posted to this thread. The setup photos display some do's and don'ts when setting up a home theater. I also feel that you should design it by your budget and ask lots of questions to avoid costly mistakes. Best of all....enjoy it!

Enough said. Here is my current setup.

Panasonic 50" Plasma - TH50PHD6UY (Awesome picture!)
Panasonic Progressive DVD/CD Player - DVD-S47
Dish Network HDTV 811 Receiver
Sony Receiver - STR-DE897 110 x 7 watts
Sony Hi-Fi VCR SLV-N51

Speakers - AIM in-ceiling (Whole-house+Patio+ 5.1 in Family Room= Total 12)
Sub woofer - Advent 100 watt

Attachments

• Family Room.jpg
    Family Room.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Panasonic Plasma (Close-up).jpg
    Panasonic Plasma (Close-up).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Equipment view.jpg
    Equipment view.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 618
Neutron said:
Hard working + saving in our house means wife spends money and finds ways for me to not get the toys I want unless I argue and whine.

Neutron, the wife and I both work and we've adopted a policy from the Clinton administraion concening purchases we make, "Don't ask, Don' tell".

Professional Bum Setup....

Here is my Professional Bum setup! Before the Terminators!!! The pictures even better now!!! :eek:

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 243
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 223
  • PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 279
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 239
The cheap one is mine, the other one we built for a customer.

Attachments

• customer.jpg
    customer.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 266
  • kens tv.jpg
    kens tv.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 264
attachment.php

Netstar, peel those Energy Star/Etc. stickers off the AV Receiver and VCR. They are only meant for the showroom. (Cyclone's obsessive compulsion overwhems him once again). For some reason, to me those stickers are like the plastic bubble wrap bubbles, you can't resist popping them. For me, whenever I see those stickers at a friends/relatives/strangers house, I have to fight the urge to remove them. It can be painful at times.

Oops! Stickers are gone!

Cyclone - you were correct on the stickers. :eek: I'm so focused on installing the equipment and watching the plasma, I forget to peel them off. After a while, I never even noticed them.

I should have invited you over to relieve your compulsive disorder. :) I understand how you feel. I have the sudden urge to pop some bubblewrap! :eek:

Stickers are gone! :cool:

Netstar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)