Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what kind of deals are they offering for current dtv and att costumers?i have been with both over 20 years

what kind of deals are they offering for current dtv and att costumers?i have been with both over 20 years
You'll really want to call in and see what they have to offer ... everyones different unless your talking about the National deals.

I have been a DirecTV customer for the past 3 years and a half. My contract was up since last April and I wanted to lower down my bill. Nobody was helping so I threatened to go to DIsh and the best they did was 20 off for a year. This year I wanted to see if I wanted to see what I can get this year around and man oh man I hit the jackpot this year. OK before I tell you, mind you I have 3 HDTVs with the Genie Whole Home DVR with the XTRA Package and the HR44.
I called in to get the MLB Extra Innings and they told me I can get a $100 off coupon so I could get the EI for only 80 dollars or so for the season. I accepted it and a few days went by and I wanted more. I called in and the rep offered 4 months of Starz movie channels plus $70 dollars off for 12 months :). I received the bill for the last 2 months being exactly 69.21 cents. I called again last week to see if there was any deals and they offered an additional $25 off for 12 months but I had to sign a contract but declined cause I hate them so I got the $70 off with no commitment. Guys, I don't know what to tell you but next time you try to get deals hopefully you get my jackpot. The key of getting the deals is to act calm and be friendly with the rep. TRUST ME!!
Now if you can excuse me, I'm gonna enjoy my DirecTV on my sexy 55 inch Samsung TV.
Good Luck Guys :)

Reactions: madmadworld
Just wanted to update, most of my retention offers were going to expire soon, I called today to see if they had anything for me, they offered me:

$60 off my bill for $12 months
Free Cinemax for 4 months
Free showtime for 6 months
Half off starz for a year
$7 off HBO for 6 months

This is on top of $10 off sports package
Not a bad deal since my contract expires in September.

Also recently I upgraded to the att unlimited plan the new one which provides $25 off monthly, so I will look at what bill will look like in about 2 statement cycles.

I have been a DirecTV customer for the past 3 years and a half. My contract was up since last April and I wanted to lower down my bill. Nobody was helping so I threatened to go to DIsh and the best they did was 20 off for a year. This year I wanted to see if I wanted to see what I can get this year around and man oh man I hit the jackpot this year. OK before I tell you, mind you I have 3 HDTVs with the Genie Whole Home DVR with the XTRA Package and the HR44.
I called in to get the MLB Extra Innings and they told me I can get a $100 off coupon so I could get the EI for only 80 dollars or so for the season. I accepted it and a few days went by and I wanted more. I called in and the rep offered 4 months of Starz movie channels plus $70 dollars off for 12 months :). I received the bill for the last 2 months being exactly 69.21 cents. I called again last week to see if there was any deals and they offered an additional $25 off for 12 months but I had to sign a contract but declined cause I hate them so I got the $70 off with no commitment. Guys, I don't know what to tell you but next time you try to get deals hopefully you get my jackpot. The key of getting the deals is to act calm and be friendly with the rep. TRUST ME!!
Now if you can excuse me, I'm gonna enjoy my DirecTV on my sexy 55 inch Samsung TV.
Good Luck Guys :)
Good to hear ....
Next time you call in, next year, you probably won't be as lucky as they keep track of discounts people have accepted.

My 2 year contract ended last month. Called them up today and told them I was interested in upgrading to the Xtra package. They said it will be about $174 per month (I have an international channel package). I said that's way too expensive and asked if they have any discounts they can offer me. They said at this moment they can only offer me Showtime free for 3 months. I told them no thank you and hung up. These prices are ridiculous. Who in their right mind is going to pay almost $200 for TV? Definitely considering switching to Dish, FIOS, or Optimum. I can get the same content for half the price with those guys.

Reactions: pattykay
My 2 year contract ended last month. Called them up today and told them I was interested in upgrading to the Xtra package. They said it will be about $174 per month (I have an international channel package). I said that's way too expensive and asked if they have any discounts they can offer me. They said at this moment they can only offer me Showtime free for 3 months. I told them no thank you and hung up. These prices are ridiculous. Who in their right mind is going to pay almost $200 for TV? Definitely considering switching to Dish, FIOS, or Optimum. I can get the same content for half the price with those guys.

people pay for what they want
ditch the international pacakge, and go to a diff one
adjust your pacakge to meet your cost vs needs
btw, dish is not really much cheaper anymore than direct, mine ould have went up if i switched

people pay for what they want
ditch the international pacakge, and go to a diff one
adjust your pacakge to meet your cost vs needs
btw, dish is not really much cheaper anymore than direct, mine ould have went up if i switched
It is cheaper with the new customer discount and 2 year price lock. The international package is only about $30 so that's not a big deal.

Call Monday, someone over Slickdeals said they are more flexible at the beginning of the week.
Say cancel through the automated system, and you should directly get to the retention offer, tell them you want to schedule a disconnection date for the following week since you were offered a comparable package at a much lower price, at that point they will start offering you stuff, always reject their first offer, if they place you on old that's a good thing because then they are checking with their supervisors to see what they can do to get a better discount.

Call Monday, someone over Slickdeals said they are more flexible at the beginning of the week.
Say cancel through the automated system, and you should directly get to the retention offer, tell them you want to schedule a disconnection date for the following week since you were offered a comparable package at a much lower price, at that point they will start offering you stuff, always reject their first offer, if they place you on old that's a good thing because then they are checking with their supervisors to see what they can do to get a better discount.
Thank you. Will give it a try next week!

Thank you. Will give it a try next week!

Good luck and keep us posted! A lot of people require multiple calls to get the deals. Sometimes its DirecTV and sometimes it can be the representative.

I agree. I called on a Sunday when I got the deal I posted above in post number 247. Before that, when I called to close my account, it was a Saturday and all they would offer me was a $5 per month discount for 12 months.

I just checked my directv online today and I was surprised how much lower the $25 att wireless coupon drove my bill down even further, this is also excluding the $10 discount for autopay with a debit card...

Attachments

• IMG_0087.PNG
    IMG_0087.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0088.PNG
    IMG_0088.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 196
My 12 month promotion just ended last week, so I waited 7 days and called in today (04/12/17). I get the select package and I only have one HR44, and no extras so my bill would be $79 a month total. I called in today and I got Hbo/cinemax free for 6 months, SHowtime free for 4 months and $25.00 off per month for 12 months. That brings my total bill to $54.00 a month for the next year. I think this is good and I am happy.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
My 12 month promotion just ended last week, so I waited 7 days and called in today (04/12/17). I get the select package and I only have one HR44, and no extras so my bill would be $79 a month total. I called in today and I got Hbo/cinemax free for 6 months, SHowtime free for 4 months and $25.00 off per month for 12 months. That brings my total bill to $54.00 a month for the next year. I think this is good and I am happy.

Pretty good deal, if you have att wireless you would get free hbo.

Pretty good deal, if you have att wireless you would get free hbo.
The money I save by having Cricket Wireless as my smart phone carrier outweighs my switching to AT&T, and Cricket is AT&T. Anyway I work the numbers I always save WAY more $ by staying with Cricket Wireless than switching to AT&T and getting their discount.

The money I save by having Cricket Wireless as my smart phone carrier outweighs my switching to AT&T, and Cricket is AT&T. Anyway I work the numbers I always save WAY more $ by staying with Cricket Wireless than switching to AT&T and getting their discount.

True cricket is pretty good, but I need more data than what they offer, High speed data that is.

I was considering T-Mobile but ultimately chose to stay with att.

True cricket is pretty good, but I need more data than what they offer, High speed data that is.

I was considering T-Mobile but ultimately chose to stay with att.
Cricket Wireless has UNLIMITED data for $55.00 per month all inclusive no fees/taxes,ect..., so I am not sure what you mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)