2012-03-31_04-55-22_522.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 789
1 Hopper/2 Joeys

My Setup:
2 lines coming off the Dish to a weather-proof connection box on the house
Into the house to a central distribution panel
Node and splitter mounted inside under distribution panel
All coax is RG6 Quad-shield 3GHz end-to-end
Wall plates are made by Panduit. Coax jack is 3GHz rated.

Install tech was happy when he examined my setup. Basically he only had to mount the node and connect it and then place the Hopper/Joeys/ He had already done a bunch of H/J installs so he knew what he was doing. The whole install only took 90 minutes.

View attachment 75653View attachment 75654View attachment 75655View attachment 75656View attachment 75657View attachment 75658

I have been looking for a box like the first one (weatherproof) for ages. I was looking for info about it, but I only found one type of coax module for it it doesn't say anything about 3ghz anywhere so I don't know if it will work for what I want to do. The switch is outside so I need the output from the switches to go to this box (Antenna->switch->weatherproof box)

Here is my install. Tech used all existing wire and just barrel connected where old diplexers where. What about my ground wires, I read it needs two? Should I run another one to a grounding rod that is in the ground close by?

Attachments

• IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 526
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    945.5 KB · Views: 385
I have been looking for a box like the first one (weatherproof) for ages. I was looking for info about it, but I only found one type of coax module for it it doesn't say anything about 3ghz anywhere so I don't know if it will work for what I want to do. The switch is outside so I need the output from the switches to go to this box (Antenna->switch->weatherproof box)

FAW,
You are correct. Panduit only makes one coax module and per Panduit it is only rated to 2.2GHz. However, it is really easy to replace the barrel connector mounted in the module. So I bought a whole bunch of the 3GHz rated connectors (49 cents each) with blue centers and swapped them out.

Here is some pics of my Joeys. Joey 1 is connected to my Optoma projector (currently laying on the floor due to my longer HDMI cable breaking). Joey 2 is connected to a RF modulator (old VCR) and fed to a few SDTVs. Joey 3 is on a smaller HDTV.

I need to come to your house and sell you some ancillary services, wire management comes to mind.

rather than get into this sad debate about managing wiring, why not at least post some cheap suggestions like this?

plenty of inexpensive cable management stuff at monoprice or on ebay like this: Cable Management

The hook and loop velcro ties are pretty cheap and handy. I started using them all over the place in the last year. Cleaned up my HT wiring, computer wiring, etc. (got mine for $3 off the samsclub website)

HopperInstall1.JPG
Since this was an RV Trailer installation, space is limited. Also I had to deal with an automatic roof dish and a ground tripod dish for when the roof dish is blocked. I use two high quatity switch to swing the Solo between the rood dish and the ground dish inputs. This is on the bottom of the overhead entrainment cabinet. I use spacers and a finished piece of plywood to cover the cabling.
HopperInstall2.JPG
I had fans on the VIP722K. I used blue masking tape to secure the fans to the end of the Hopper. Than worked for two years when the VIP722K replaced the VIP622 and the attaching foam tape didn't come off.
HopperInstall3.JPG
One of the Joeys is located behind the bedroom TV. Because of the space when the tube TV was replaced and the proximity of antennas, this space is also the Wi-Fi center with the routers, and the wireless amplifier. The Joey is standing next to the cable modem that we use when in Texas. It was no problem for a cable Ethernet connection for the Hopper and this Joey. The second Joey uses a wireless bridge for Ethernet.

Here is my install. Tech used all existing wire and just barrel connected where old diplexers where. What about my ground wires, I read it needs two? Should I run another one to a grounding rod that is in the ground close by?
What's with the loose hanging coax?

Looks like that coax is in a severe bind with the door closed. I wouldn't want one of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts