post your SKYVISION experience

Status
Please reply by conversation.
glover31 said:
Anyone here ever buy anything from SKYVISION?

Did you order from them? They have been around a long time.

Bought several items from them over the years. Been a long time since last purchase. Got my 10 Foot orbitron mesh from them a long time ago and had it up until last year when I found that nice winegard. Never any problems.

I bought a receiver from them. Unfortunately had to send it back twice. The first time the lnb voltage was way out of whack and it burned up two motors on me before i found out why. So that was money down the drain. Second time "different receiver" "a replacement" It didn't have the preload I spent almost 40 dollars on. They wanted me to send it in instead of refunding me. Looking back I wished I hadn't because that one worked. So when they sent it back it was actually another new receiver. I don't know why they did that, but at the time It didn't really bother me. Although frustrating, each time they have been courteous. I did check it out to make sure everything worked and it appeared to be ok. Just after sending it in the second time I had bought another STB to tide me over as it had taken over a month sending the Manhattan receiver back and forth. So I guess you could say when I got it back the third time, other than quickly checking it out, I no longer had intentions of using the Manhattan receiver regularly yet. About a month later I did hook it up for just that purpose. Son of a Gun, after the first 10 minutes or so the communications between the remote and the Manhattan cease to work. Lets just say my blood was boiling. Instead of using it as target practice I put the receiver away for some time now and have been happy with my others stb's. However I am stuck with a receiver that doesn't work right. I paid over 200 dollars total between the receiver and the loaded sats. Not to mention the time I have waited. But If no one has had any issues I suppose this is Isolated to me. I just had my wits about me to poke around to see if I have been made a fool by them or not.

Well, our experiences all more than 15 years ago can't really tell you how good they are NOW. Back then there was no internet, and they had a catalog and were easy to order from...

I ordered a few times, many years ago. Always very knowledgable and carried good products, though priced higher than competitors.

Many of my BUD customers would order their DIY repair parts from them and without exception complimented them on support.

I have purchased many overpriced items from them over the years. Mainly back in the late 80s and early 90s before the internet. There was no real competition back then and everything wasn't made in China. The LNBs were $100+ and I always kept a spare.

I had purchased 4DTV programming through them and several receivers also. My last experience was several years ago with a Motorola DSR410 that they sold with a battery that failed. They never bothered to replace them and the unit lost it's ID. One of the reasons I soured with the H2H service and switched to Dish.

I guess the key phrase is " long time a go". I too purchased a few items from them. It's has been so long that I actually do not remember when. Someone mentioned "overpriced" the last time I checked they still are.

I can't tell you how many hours I spent watching the Skyvision show back in the day!

I lived that show! (And we had some audio subcarriers given to us by Skyvision so we were always tuned there!)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bought some LNBs and ribbon cable from them about 6-7 years ago. I used to drive past their place often and would stop by if I needed anything. The Fleet & farm, and Wallyworld was right across the interstate from them too. Great people, but I have not delt with them lately since I don't go that way much anymore.

They are overpriced imo on many of their items. OTOH they are about the only ones yet around that carry some hard to find items so your paying a premium for them which is understandable as well. For me, I look around to see if I can find it cheaper and if not I purchase it from them.

Arion said:
They are overpriced imo on many of their items. OTOH they are about the only ones yet around that carry some hard to find items so your paying a premium for them which is understandable as well. For me, I look around to see if I can find it cheaper and if not I purchase it from them.

Just wondering what they carry that's hard to find? :)

Look on their Clearance page. And if not listed, give them a call. There are probabilities. Yeah, maybe a bit high priced, but that's the 'price' to pay for some hard to find items when you've 'given up' on trying to find cheap or free(or make).
IIRR I got my ADL C-Ku feed horn there way BITD. Also some other odds and ends. Once, stopped by and picked up an order. Friendly people (then, any way)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts