Post Your Upgrade Experience Here

Called at 10:00 A.M. EST
Played the press this key game
got thru at 10:05 to an AMERICAN (Mary)
very nice
ordered 211 upgrade $49.00 installed
gave me the normal disclaimers
very nice and helpfull again!
install on 2-11 (coinsidence Vip211 installed on 2-11)
no problems....:)

Denver upgrade

Called at 8:30 MST. On hold for 13min. CSR knew the deal (better by now! probably 1000 calls into her day.) Install morning of 2/6.

She said I needed to call back Monday following install to change to the Gold package.

She confirmed that Denver locals are up in HD.

Called at 7:10 PST. No hold. Told CSR wanted 622. CSR - $299 - install included, 18 month commitment, early cancel $240, Credit card required to order, won't charge until ship, $6 HD enable fee if no qualified HD-PAK, $5.98 monthly DVR fee.

Install date of 2/21, CSR apologized for delay. That's it, smooth, no problems.

NightRyder

upgrade report

I called to upgrade from an 811 to a VIP-622 at 10:00am on 2-1-06. The hardest part is getting the correct people on the phone. They do not have an option for hardware upgrades etc. Once I got in the correct queue it took approx 5 minutes to get a very helpfull person on the phone. Then it took approximatly another 7 minutes with him to get it scheduled. I think it went smooth but they definatly need to get an option for upgrades in the phone queue. I was a little disabpionted in the schedule date of Feb 25th which is 3 whole weeks. I want them here tomorrow. :D

Paul

woot got it!!! took me about 1 hour 30 mins.. 2 Calls, got a nice india guy named Rhabi 18 Months Commitment, 240 Dollar Cancelation ect.. ect.. Theres hope for you whizz! Firday The 3rd TOO!

Already posted it but, here it goes again.

After having to call and speak with a CSR 3 different times (7:00 am, 9:00 am and 11:30 am)...I was finally able to get an install set up for February 10 for a 622. The actually upgrade was no problem....is was the scheduling of the install that took the additional calls. Not too bad considering it only took them 4 hours and 3 calls to be able to schedule the install time.

Called at 10:20 CST
Got through at 10:35 CST
Finished the call at 10:54 CST
I got a great CSR who had no trouble in getting the upgrade going. Only problem is I have to wait untill the 21st for the install but still great service.

I called at 8 this morning. Only had to wait a few minutes before talking to someone. I had a little trouble with the csr. She was American but she had to ask her supervisor about everything. I told her I wanted to upgrade my 811 to 211 and need a dish at 61.5. She said it would be $299. I said no it's supposed to be $49. I told her that I knew there was an upgrade to the 622 dvr for $299. She said yes, this is the hd dvr. I said no, I just want the regular hd 211. After putting me on hold probably a total of 25 minutes, she finally figured it out. She wanted to install this Friday but I can't so I'm getting my 211 and 61.5 dish on Monday.
Oh yeah, I had to do a 12 month commitment.

Currently have AT Everything Pak, locals, HD, & Voom. Current receiver 942
Called approx 08:45am PST
Waited on hold for approx 12 minutes

Then spoke to a CSR about upgrading to get the new HD channels and local HD.
The CSR told me I would have to go to my local retailer.
I stated I don't have a local retailer, my original account was setup and installed directly by dish. He again repeated that I would need to contact my local retailer. I asked to speak to his supervisor.

His supervisor gave me the same load of crap and I asked to speak to her supervisor. Her supervisor told me that if I wanted to upgrade now it would be $700+ or I could wait to April and it would still be $700+ but I would get a $200 rebate. I asked to be put up to the next level supervisor.

Put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then disconnected the call. I'll try again later.

called at 9:25, hit the tech support key of course...5 minutes I was done, very polite in upgrading to the 211 for $49 + $25 if I return the old receiver.

I had called earlier to non tech support and got a chap speaking in an Indian accent, he too was polite but did not know what he was doing...lots of on hold in between my questions.

Called at 10:50 CST. On Hold for 10 Minutes. CSR knew about promotion, but unsure as to details. Upgraded my 811 to a 211, scheduled installation for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great info on this forum.

Last edited:
Just got off of the phone with tech support took all of 5 mins to complete i have 2 811's am getting 1 new 211 (49 buxs) will be here in 7/10 days and i just hook it up and call for my new programing, i dont need a installer as tech said i have all the equipment that i need as far as dishs so they are just sending me the 211 and i hook it up and call with the programing of my chooseing.

All in all it went well 18 months commitment , $240 early term, ect, ect

Called Dish around 11:00 am CST. I was on hold for 11 minutes, I spoke with an American CSR and was told I could upgrade to a 622 for $299.00 and that if I wanted to return any of my current boxes, I could do so for a $25 credit. What is interesting is that he didn't say I had to return my 811. We'll see.

Feb. 21st install by the way.

Last edited:
Upgraded today from my 811 (just hooked up 10/05) to the ViP 211 and the Dish Gold. Was on the phone for about fifteen minutes only (doing business).
Install set up for 2/10/06 along with the Dish 1000 (up from my Dish 500).
All in all was pretty painless, so may it all end this way.

Well, after calling 3 or 4 times and thinking Ihad the wrong number, I posted in the "comments" thread and was advised I had the write number (no mention of upgrading your hardware on the menu, just programing).

Anyway, after finally choosing the right menu option, I was told I had a 15+ minute wait, which ended up being more like 5 or 6 minutes.

I spoke with a pleasant Indian Lady who took me through the process as quick as her slow computer would let her (she must've had to resubmit it five or six times!).

So, I'm going from a 322 and 522 with America's top 120 + locals at $52.97 + tax and fees to a 522 and 622 with HDGold +locals at $96 plus tax and fees. Holy price-olee Batman, that's a lot. I figure I could have saved $15 by turning in the 522 instead of the 322, and getting the 120-equivelant package (HDSilver), but there are a few channels in the Gold packet that my wife and I like (actually more the wife than me, go figure ;) ) and we've been meaning to upgrade to a 180 pack anyway.

I suppose I could have left the locals off and saved another $5.99, but that would not do my 522 any good, since it can't tune the locals in via antenna. We want to keep the 522 becuase it's in the exercise/guest room where the wife like to watch her time-shifted soaps while she runs on the treadmill. Currently I'm acheiving this by having the modulated TV2 output from each receiver (one on Ch 21 and the other on Ch 50) go to every room in the house, so you can have up to 4 "sources" to choose from in most rooms, but given the 622's recording volume being limited by recording HD content, the 2-3 weeks work of soaps that often reside on HDD may be overwritten before she gets 'round to watch'n 'em!

I lucked out that the first install day I was offered happened to be the only one I could accomidate - 20 February, Presidents' Day - on which I will be off work. The CSR also told me that the installer will take the 322, so I won't have to ship it back.

So I have almost 3 weeks to reconfigure my receiver/TV inputs to accomidate the new toy. I have all 3 component inputs on my receiver occupied. I'm debating buying an external component switcher (a Zektor HDS 4.1) or just direct connecting the 622 to an available component input on my set. Each has it's pros and cons - my receiver and the Zektor have discrete input control and my set does not. This means switching among components will be simplified since all switching will occur at the receiver, leaving the non-discrete TV out of the loop, but then audio & video will be routed through the receiver, meaning there will be an extra step involved in powering-up and down the system - not a problem with my universal remote - but defineately a problem for the 622's included remote (no macro capability). The extra step in not WAF-Friendly. Connecting directly to the TV will simplify day-to-day viewing, and I can still run the 622's digital audio to the receiver and mute the TV when we're watching something broadcast in DD, but then changing to other components is complicated. I guess, ultimately, I'll leave it up to the wife.

Called to upgrade my 942 and they said they don't have any more 622 until late March.

The best bet is to hold off until April for the rebate then.

Has anyone that's been trying to do the 942 to a 622 upgrade been able to get a 211 right off that can be returned when the 622 is available? Seems I read that someone was able to do this but I can't find the post now.

Called at 11:53 CST

On hold for 10 minutes
Got a very pleasant women (unidentifiable accent) a liitle hard to understand her, but not too bad.

Upgraded from 522 to 622DVR

Prices, plan, commitment info all confirmed what has been posted here for disn-it-up upgrade plan.

Scheduled delivery and installation for Feb 23 (second half of day)

Tried calling back a 2nd time on my unsuccessful attempt at upgrading.
Got the same load of crap I got the first time. That I needed to contact a local retailer or it would be $700+ to switch out my 942 and add the new HD channels. Very unhelpful CSR's, tho' they had no problem telling me it would cost me $159.96 if I wanted to cancel my current service.

Upgraded 811 to a VIP622. Wait on hold 2 minutes max. Called the Club Dish number. $299 blah blah blah. Install date of February 21st.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts