Post your VOOM Activation Stories here

Voom 2 attempts

Called at 715pm using 333-dish Told No Activation for exisiting dish customers, No way around him....

Called our Dealer # at 7:18 Same Run Around, and they seem to be getting testy, will have to try again in a few minutes.......
:(

I activated them this am without problems. Activated another receiver with them again this afternoon and no problem. I am an existing Dish HD pack customer only.

Called around 6:23 EST after I got home from work. Called 333-DISH. Told CSR I wanted to changed my programming. I said I wanted to add VOOM HD channels and drop Multi-sport package. He said I had the right receiver and then asked me if I had 2 dishes. Told him yes and he activated channels the were on in about 3 minutes. He waved 5.00 charge for dropping channels because I added Voom. I did end up on the phone for about 10 minutes more when I said "Since I have you on the phone could I also get CBSHD activated?" :D It took him about 10 minutes to figure out I don't qualify. :p Thought it was worth a shot. ;)

I've been a Dish Network customer for about 9 years.
I never subscribed to VOOM.
Noticed the channels in red on Sunday afternoon.
I did a front panel re-boot.
Channels still in red.
Called 800-333 DISH, spoke to a rep in India, within 5 mintutes I had the VOOM channels.
No problems at all.
I already have a 61.5 dish for CBS-HD and the odd ball Philly channels.

Called around 1900 hrs EDT, got a nice lady CSR. She looked up ma a/c and said "I needed the 2nd dish and will cost 99 to install"....I said "okay fine"....she said "scheduled the install for this Tuesday...and said it will be $5 extra", I said "Isn't it free for 6 months, that's what I was told"? She said " No sir, this is normal as you are an existing customer but not new and asked whether I will be placing this order". I said "I tried"!!! She laughed and gave me the confirmation number, overall a very "smmmoooth as silk" experience! The lady CSR had a thick accent which I presume is Indian, found it a satisfying experience unlike the many who have reported here...thought I will post this here and share it with ya'll !!!

I called at 12:25 eastern time today. Got hung up on wating on hold twice before I got through to a CSR. I compained about having to pay 100.00 for a new dish. At present time I have only a dish 500 hooked up to my 811 and 501. I was told that no dish installs for voom channels would occur before may 5th. So I have an appointment for this saturday. I hardly ever watch anything but dish hd and ota locals so I might just keep the hd tier and drop everything else. 2 month "strike" would make up for the 100 bucks I had to shell out. Oh by the way, the csr told me that dish would install a pole/ ground mount installation if it would work. I don't like the look of dishes all over my roof line so I have my 500 mounted on the back of the house under the fence line. The new dish cant be installed at the same location because of a tree. But if they can do a pole mount againts my fence I'll still have a "stealth" set up. Goodluck to all...

3rd call was sucessful, I lied said neighbor down the had them turned on with no problem,
then they wanted to verify I had a dish pointed to 61.5 slot after I had to tell them one on the right slot they wanted to be sure I wasn't pointed at 148 shhhesssh, but at least I got them only took 1/2 hour.....too bad I have to go to work at 11 tonight can't watch the new stuff....

I called at about 7 AM Central Time to 800-333-DISH. On my first attempt, I got a message stating that my hold time would be six minutes but I almost immediately got a CSR with an Indian accent. They told me that they had seen a memo that customers may be calling about Voom, but that the channels couldn't be added until next week sometime.

My second call got me a message that said my hold time would be three minutes. I waited on hold for about that long until a CSR without an accent took my call. She checked my account to make sure I had an HD receiver, asked if I had a dish for 61.5, which I do, and tried to add the Voom channels to my account, but got a warning about one of my receivers having a Blue smartcard. A Yellow card is needed to get the Voom channels. I do have an old non-HD receiver that is deactivated that has a blue card. She noted that and proceded to activate my Voom channels. Took about 4 minutes. She was knowledgeable and very helpful.

Again...I call and the first thing I get is that I was not previously a Voom customer, and therefore I am unable to get the channels at this time. THis is the first ever unpleasant experience that I have had with E* customer service. I do not understand this....It is making me soooo mad.

Went on my roof and moved my second dish 500 from 148 to 61.5. Then i ran check switch and the channels showed up in red. Called 1800-333-dish and was told that i had to call the special number to add the voom package. So i hung up and called the 1800wowdish number and was told that i could not add them if my Hd package was annual. I told her i had a dish pointed at 61.5. She said she was changing my hd package (from annual, said computer would not let her add without monthly hd)) to monthly and adding them to it (i asked if there would be a credit since i paid the whole years HD package last month, she said it would show up). Before i got off the phone they were working!

Then a few minutes later i noticed that i now didnt have cbsehd (lost cbswhd Of course no dish at 148). So called back and spoke to a nice gal who spoke perfect english. She said there was no CBS east HD channel!!! I told her there was and asked for a supervisor. She put me on hold for 3-4 minutes and asked me to check if channel 8019 still comes in (west cost local off 148) of course it doesnt without the dish there. So she put me back on hold for 1-2 mins and came back and said CBS-E HD should be on my box in less than 10 mins. Sure enough a few minutes later- bam CBS E HD and Voom channels in one day! SWEET! Loving it :) :) :D :D :smug :smug

PS the second dish that Dish installed for 148 (now pointed at 61.5) has the plastic head or whatever (mounts the lnb to the dish) its called for a 110/119. Does it matter i got 100 signal on 61.5. Is there a plastic piece for single sats for use with 148 or 61.5? It works so i guess im not gonna sweat it.

cclement said:
What the hell does the 301's have to do with HD channels?

You've got me!

I had read that many people had been getting the so called "yellow" cards in the last several months. When I moved to my present location in 2003, I bought 2 301 receivers (bedroom and living room), then in Dec 03 I bought the 811. The cards that came with my 301s were the blue ones. I was wondering if I'd ever get the yellow cards. Anyway, I looked at the 301 guide tonight and didn't see the VOOM channels in red. However, the were red in the 811 before I activated.

The only thing I should have done extra was remove the sports pak when I added the extra VOOM channels since some people did this and they waived the downgrade fee.

Mark

Hello All , I also called Dish and they also told me only for New customers. Lets just say I started to get upset , I thought I have been a customer for 4 years now and have paid 950.00 for a 921 , what new customer is going to do that right away. I asked to speak with cancellation (might be misspelled) and she said sorry I will have those channel turned on for you right away. I turned my frown upset down LOL.

Just letting you know.

Richard

8:30 PM Sunday

Called 1-800-333-DISH
Pushed a few automated support prompts
Got a real live CSR (From AMERICA!!!)
Verified my phone # with CSR.
Asked her to add Voom HD package.
Verified that I had 2nd Dish at 61.5 because of CBS-HD EAST.
As I was waiting and listening to her type, my RED VooM channels turned green and I started flipping through them.
She stated I needed to be converted to monthly and would get a credit for my PRE-PAID HD. I agreed.
The VooM Channels will add $5.00 to my bill.
Said Goodbye.

Total Call time 4:20 including dialing and initial automated phone support navigation.

921 did not need to be rebooted.

I called 1-800-WOWHDTV Saturday night at 11PM CST. CSR asked if I had a 61.5 dish. The new VOOM $5.00 HD channels were added to my account. I was told the new channels would download between 2-3am. I woke up Sunday morning and noticed the new VOOM channels where in my guide as promised.

specsmaker said:
Three minute phone call. Asked for the upgrade. Flipped the switch. I'm vooming.
Pretty much that at 5:35 am my time ...Did have to punch in the obligatory numbers on phone... then got a Csr... I told her what I wanted, She asked if I Knew I need another dish... I told her yup ... I was on Monsters in pip guide went from red to green or whatever (921)... no probs 4 minutes tops... The Lady was pretty nice wished me a good day and I reciprocated...

I called the 333 number at 10:00 Sunday night (a few minutes ago). Got a real nice CSR (for a change). She was cool. I asked her about the Voom channels. She "looked something up" and noticed that I was on a pre-pay for a year. She told me that I had to change to a month to month fee for the HD package, so she would credit me the remaining year for the HD package, then charge me monthly for the "new" HD package, in which the Voom level is $5.00 more.

I said OK. She asked if I had a 61.5 dish, which I do (!), and that was that! About 4 minutes later, I was programming the 10 new channels into my "HDTV Favorites" on my 921!

Very quick, very nice, checked out the channels real quick and they look good. One thing I noticed is that the program guide had yet to fill in for more than a few hours into the future.

n0qcu said:
Called the 800-333-DISH number, selected HD tech support. CSR verified I had 61.5. Said it could tke 15 minutes. The channels showed up on my 811's right away but stayed red on the 921's until I rebooted them.
Same for me on my 811. other than took about a 1/2 hour and a reboot to get things going...
15 minutes on phone to a CSR, no problems..

My Try

I called tonight at approximately 9:30 PM Ct time. Got two different CSR's. I have the HD pack and paying a monthly fee for them. My installation for the new second dish is set for this Tuesday. They would not let me order the new HD channels until that second dish was installed. End of my story. Did anyone else get this same answer? Thanks. :rolleyes:

I am a voom and dish customer. On Friday when dish announced that they would take over Voom programming I called dish to install a dish at 61.5, my current dish configuration was 119/110 and 148, so I wanted to move the 148 to 61.5. They said it would cost 100 dollars, and it would be done on Sunday. They said to call back on May 1 to order the voom channels.

The installer put replaced the Voom dish with a dish 500, no additional cost for me, and set it up so I could switch between 148 and 61.5 along with the 119/110.

I called dish, ask to add the voom package, which they did at 5 dollars more.

everything went quite smoothly. Right now I have the Voom channels going through a 6000 receiver, and am waiting for two 811 receivers which I bought at ebay to arrive to replace two 501s which I have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)