Post your VOOM Activation Stories here

I had a fairly painless experience (although I haven't actually added the Voom channels yet, I did add HD, and I believe it applies here too). I recently acquired an 811, and undertook upgrade of my legacy lnb's to dishpro, then added a third dish and a UHF aerial. Once I verified my signal strengths and OTA reception, I called customer service to activate my 811, and add HDpak. After about 15 minutes of checking my config and verifying reception with the CS rep, I was good to go.

My only hitch is that the 811 is more finicky about my 110/119 reception than my 301, so I need to either get out a tree pruner or move my dish (the tree isn't mine, so I'll move the dish).

When I asked if I could add Voom, the CS rep said "sure, anytime, as long as you can see 61.5". Smooth.

Turned my second dish from 148 to 61.5.61.5 is harder to find here but got a 102 on it.Called to activate and the girl said she didn't know about the voom channels.She put me on hold for a while then came back and said "I can't turn them on because you live in Colorado and you can't get 61.5".I told her I have a 102 signal on 61.5 and the channels were on my guide they were just red. On hold again. She comes back and tells me she turned them on but I should not be able to get them and if they go off call and they would take them off my sub..Well I am watching them just fine on both HD recievers.

I Got Activated On Sunday 5/15/05. I Have The Voom 18" Dish Pointed At Rainbow 1.
For You Old E* Folks Be Aware That The Voom Channels Are On Rainbow 1 & Not
Ecostar 3 & They Are On The Odd TPs 1,3,5,7 .
So When You Repeak Your Dish Use TPs 1,3,5 Or 7, Not Even TPs To Get Your Best Signal.If You Have A Dish 811 When Point Your Dish Use Sat. 148 Not 61.5. 61.5 In The Dish Pointing Menu Will Not Show The Odd Tps Because Ecostar 3 Is A Even TP Bird.

has anyone heard that E is going to move the voom ch's off of 61.5 and put them on dish 500 (110 or 119). I have a local store here in NW PA says he hear this. But I been looking on here and I don't see anyone talking about it. From what I read on here voom has 21 ch's but dish has only put up 10 ch's so far.

Mikeeg....there were a few threads of rumors about VOOM channels possibily moving in the future but haven't seen anything official to back that up. It was mentioned with the physical move of Rainbow 1 to another location.

I don't think it will happen as there is no bandwidth there. Any change that MIGHT happen would be at least a year away after Mpeg 4 shows up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts