Post your VOOM Activation Stories here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Called Dish. Estimated time on hold was 2 minutes. Actual time... less than a minute. English speaker. Said I had a dish pointed at 61.5 and wanted to add the Voom original 10. "Reply was sure thing. You have 2 dishes?" Actually 3 and one is pointed at 61.5 with a 120 on transponder 31. "That's $5 a month. Do you want it?". Yes. "It'll be there in a few minutes". Actuall it was there before he got "few minutes" out. Excellent CSR and excellent service. Very smooth.

one question: how is the picture on the Voom 10 on E* as compared to voom? i am currently on my local cable provider .. the high def is nowhere near as sharp.

i apologize if this is not the right forum to ask this question, but with so many forums here where to start?

There are several threads discussing this. But to answer your question, yes they look as good if not better on Dish. There is less noise on Dish and all the channels are overall more uniform and stable, they don't vary all over the map like they did on Voom.

Left E* three months ago ( been with E* since 99 ) for Comcast because of their HD DVR ( can't beat just $10 a month ) been da*n happy with Comcast and amazed how much better my local Comcast was vs. E* ( picture, price, etc ) swore I never be back because of the way they treated me when I left ( when I got my last bill it said I was cancelled for non-payment and three days later got a new bill from a Collection Agency, my last bill was only $53.00 and was not even close to being late when I paid it,.

E* adds Voom channels and I have always wanted MonstersHD, Networks are about to go into reruns, so I said why not since I own my 811 and I can get just the HD-Pack, call them up and after 4 csrs and one supervisor it is working.
Do these CSRs just make things up, the last one said the Voom channels were not for everyone until mid-July, only for a select few, I said to her it is on your Web-Site, she says it is not, I said I am looking right at it, she says I am wrong she is looking at it and it says July for everyone and that is when I asked for her supervisor and after 5 min. it was done, now I get in HD:

Comcast:
Detroit-ABC
Detroit-CBS
Detroit-NBC
Detroit-Fox
InHD 1
InHD 2
Discovery
ESPN
TNT HD
HBO
Showtime
Cinemax
Starz

E*:
RAVE
Gallery
Rush
Majestic
Guy TV
HD News
Ultra
Monsters HD
Equator
Animania
HD-Net
HD-Movies
Discovery, ESPN, TNT HD also get these with Comcast
and with OTA- the WB and UPN
and because of my deal with Comcast for leaving E* before coming back my bill is now $150.00 ( $130.00 before the E* HD only pack ) a month but that includes broadband and landline phone and the rental fee on two 6412 HD-DVRs.

I am about to drop StarzHD ( because it should be called StarzUPCONVERT, but I keep holding off because the extended version of Return of the King should be on soon) and Showtime because they barely have any new movies on.

I had mine installed yesterday. Two dishes. What I thought interesting was they daisy chained each of the LNBs and then fed one line into the house. No external switches. They did try to use my Voom dish.

I have been a new Dish subscriber for a week now. Very happy with Dish especially with the addition of the Voom channels and some great movies like Teachers etc. Way to go Dish! I had Voom for 10 days in April of 04 didn't like their recievers or their repeated programs back then. At least now Voom has added more variety to their the several movies channels now. Thanks, Dish and Voom.

I had my second dish installed today. I called to activiate the Voom channels which took about a minute. The channels went from red to blue in my 942 guide in seconds.

The only problem is that I am not seeing a picture on any of the Voom channels. All of the channels are black. I am getting a signal from the 61.5 satellite because I can view the HD demo channel and I can get the CBS-HD East feed. I talked to technical support and they did not help. They are reporting the problem to the engineering dept.

Any ideas on why I can't view the channels.

Did you do a check switch to make your receiver accept the new side sat dish at 61.5? IF not do that and then check and see if your Voom channels come in. If it still doesn't work , reset the receiver. Un plug it and wait a minute and replug it in and then if no go , call Dish and ask the tech department to rehit your receiver for the channels.

I did 3 check switches today and the 942 is seeing the satellite. I have unplugged my receiver twice and waited 15 - 20 seconds each time before plugging it in and the channels were still black. I held the power on the 942 for 15 seconds which reset the box and that did not work.

Got mine going last night (Thanks larrystotler)
Tried to pay dish the $100 three time but they kept saying I could not see 61.5 from So Cal.
Had them bring free dish for 148 instead,
I moved dish to clear LOS for 61.5, adj elevation, unhooked receiver from DP switch, did switch check, connected receiver direct to dish, locked on and adj signal strength, connected switch again, another switch check, called CSR and good to go.

$12 for 25' RG-6, $88 left over to cover my HD+VOOM package for a few months

I moved my dish and now I can get the Voom channels.

The best $100 I have ever spent.

Thank you Dish. Please add the other 11 Voom channels before January 1st.

wtourigny said:
Not sure if this belongs on this thread but has anyone noticed audio drop outs on the RaveHD channel? The audio drops of for a second and then returns. I'm running of a Dish 6000 receiver with Dolby Digital output. (optical)It happens quite often. Really have not watched the other channels long enough to see if it's the Zoom feed or a problem with Dish. After one week of Zoom, I'd say Rave is my favorite channel so far.

I noticed a audio glitch during the Chicago concert today and knowing what it was recorded on, it sounded like a tape machine problem to me and not a encoding problem.

Part of my engineering job is maintaining digital tape machines and while the audio is encoded as data along with the video, a slight servo bump will glitch audio while it does not touch video due to the excellent video error corrections.

Whatever the problem was, the end user (consumer) is affected.

I went on Ebay and Paid $190.00 for a brand new Dish 811. I picked it up on Friday, I Hooked it up to my 18" Voom Pizza Plate & My Two OTA Antennas & Scanned & Got ALL My HDTV OTT Channels. I checked 61.5 to see what I had, I have the hd Demo Channel & One Promo SD channel. I today not 5 minutes ago called E* with out any problems activated my 811 & got my VOOM Back. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! Thank you E* for believing in Voom.
Price= Voom $5.00, HD Package $9.99, E* with no other package $5.00, Total $19.99 a month. I still have a commitment with D* so I can't totally go E* yet.

Can't get it where I am

I called Dish, ordered the Voom package and the call went well. Installer showed up with the second dish inside of his 5-hour window (unlike last time) and informed me that my house does not have a clear enough path to the eastern horizon. He gave me a rough estimate that 90% of the people in the Portland, OR area are having this problem. Even the installations that have been successful have the second dish almost pointing at the ground because the satellite is so low in the sky. I fully accept that the while hi-def thing is still a work in progress, but I really wish I hadn't taken half a day off from work to find out that I can't get the Voom yet. What a joke. Why market something to the entire nation when you're not able to provide it to the entire nation? What I'm really wondering now is where and when can I find out the moment it becomes available on the west coast. :mad:

Well I am blown away with PQ on OTA HD Locals using the old VOOM OTA antenna, and the 942 DVR. Recordered my first ever HD program last night (have had HD for several years OTA and DirecTV HD) Also recorded three programs (like others) all at the same time with two satellite and one OTA. Install was Friday and added VOOM programing tonight. As other have said HD is as good if not better than VOOM was. Used VOOM OTA antenna and it picks up channels I have never seen before since they are North of my location and all Indy channels are South. Could not be more impressed! Thanks to The DISHSTORE that got me a free Local dish and free install. Back VOOMING with a great state-of-the-art HD DVR. Installer said there are none available and a post on another Site said only 80 were in stock Country wide. Feel very lucky to have everything going my way. Also surprised that OTA works so good and that both dishes were ran through one (not two) R-6 cables and then split at the DVR two turners.

My free 61.5 was installed this morning. Installer did a great job. Took about 1hr to complete the install. Called to activate the Voom channels. I had to tell the CSR a couple of times that my 61.5 dish is installed and channels are red in my guide. Was "vooming" within 15 minutes.

It took me a while but I was able to re aim my must carry 148 dish to 61.5. Got over a 100 on TP 8 so I locked it in. Call E* and ordered Voom originals and they were up on the guide in less than five minutes! PQ is excellent. Looking forward to more channels.

a2zvisa

Perfect install...

2nd dish for Voom channels added yesterday by Dish installer; took 30 minutes to install and it then was activated 30 minutes later. No install charge, no fuss, no muss :) , but I do have the "Dish Everything Pak", Super Stations", "HD Pak" plus (2) distant networks & have been with Dish for 9 years..Channels look great !!

Ken

Got E* installed yesterday with 942. After the installer called E* to activate the account he gave me the phone and I asked the CSR for a 2nd dish to get all available local channels (2 "must carry" channels on 61.5). Said no problem, was able to schedule the 61.5 dish install for today.

The installer said that his company did not have the contract from E* to install the "must carry" (61.5) dish. That is why it happened this way.

The installer today used the old VOOM dish's mast (didn't need new holes in my roof) and mounted another Dish 500 dish to point to 61.5.

I thought the VOOM channels would show up in my program guide in red as I've read somewhere in this forum. I called tech support and they said I wouldn't see them until they were activated on my account. That took about 2 minutes and now I'm VOOMING AGAIN :)

I called Dish Network (it must have been the India Call center, I could not understand a word they said!) to activate Voom and they told me I would have to have a 2nd dish installed which cost $99 or I could have a 2nd dish for free if I added my local channels and that my local channels were on the same site as Voom. After it was installed, I called to acitvate Voom and they then told me Voom was at 61.5, not 148 where my local channels broadcast. Since I receive all of my local channels over the air just fine, I cancelled the locals and re-pointed my dish. Now I am Vooming! I guess I'll see if the dish is still free when my bill comes.