Potential New Customer: What will my bill REALLY be?

mgoblue99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Hi. I'm thinking about signing up for Dish, and am hoping someone here can help me out with figuring out what my bill will really be, after all the charges nobody is telling me about are factored in. Here is the proposed set-up:

TV 1: ViP 622 HD DVR
TV 2: ViP 211 HD tuner AND 522 DVR
TV 3: standard single receiver.

What should I expect to pay monthly if I sign up for the DVR-Advantage/250 plan ($59.99/month) plus HD channels ($20/month)?

I'm afraid there are a bunch of receiver and tuner fees I'm going to be hit with that will up the bill significantly.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

"TV 2: ViP 211 HD tuner AND 522 DVR"

Can't you ask for a second 622/722 for this TV2?

You'll pay $5.00 for the standard receiver and depending on what you do for that TV2 you could pay either $16.98 ($6.00 + $5.00 + $5.98) or $12.98 ($6.00 + $5.98).

So you're looking at:

$59.99
$20.00
$21.98
---------
$101.97

or

$59.99
$20.00
$17.98
---------
$97.97

The problem with a second HD DVR is that they want something like $400 for it, and that seems like a steep start-up cost.

Is your calculation assuming a connection to a phone line, because I don't have phone jacks near any TV. Please let me know. I appreciate your help!

The problem with a second HD DVR is that they want something like $400 for it, and that seems like a steep start-up cost.

Is your calculation assuming a connection to a phone line, because I don't have phone jacks near any TV. Please let me know. I appreciate your help!

Add $5.00 for each dual tuner if you don't have the phone line. I would just contact ceo@echostar.com and see if they can offer that second HD/DVR for less.

Under DVR Advantage you should only be charged one $5.98 DVR fee with 2 DVR receivers. The 1st one is included in the $59.99 fee.

GO BLUE!

Ed

"TV 2: ViP 211 HD tuner AND 522 DVR"

Can't you ask for a second 622/722 for this TV2?

You'll pay $5.00 for the standard receiver and depending on what you do for that TV2 you could pay either $16.98 ($6.00 + $5.00 + $5.98) or $12.98 ($6.00 + $5.98).

So you're looking at:

$59.99
$20.00
$21.98
---------
$101.97

or

$59.99
$20.00
$17.98
---------
$97.97
Randall,

$5.98 + $6.00 = $12.98??? Wouldn't that be more like $11.98?

Trying to come up with something funny to say, but coming up empty,
Geoff

Randall,

$5.98 + $6.00 = $12.98??? Wouldn't that be more like $11.98?

Trying to come up with something funny to say, but coming up empty,
Geoff

I think I need a break from Satguys, I can't even add anymore. :)

Yes, $11.98. Just one more thing, in my math :( I included one DVR fee since as mentioned above the first one is waived.

Add $5.00 for each dual tuner if you don't have the phone line. I would just contact ceo@echostar.com and see if they can offer that second HD/DVR for less.

LOL, what is with you guys e-mailing ceo@echostar.com when your bill is a penny off or some other petty thing? The promotion is what it is. Why do I always see people encouraging others to e-mail E* trying to barter for some discount?

LOL, what is with you guys e-mailing ceo@echostar.com when your bill is a penny off or some other petty thing? The promotion is what it is. Why do I always see people encouraging others to e-mail E* trying to barter for some discount?

Because it works. and the guy is going to be paying a pretty penny every month. Thats bargaining power.

Dish is now allowing you to get two 622/722's thru DIU, possible for new sub also. Other receivers would have to be purchased.

Your best deal probably is through Claude @ The DIsh Store, he'll treat you right (shameless brown-nosing for future remunerations).

As mentioned above, it works and they're the only ones that can get you the second HD DVR as far as I know. You can't get the second HD DVR through the regular channels. Why wouldn't I encourage it if it works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts