Potential New Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sparty10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I need help from those of you who have recently signed up for Directv; I want to put together the best possible package and I know Directv usually gives things for free or discounted you just need to know what to ask for. I'm a college student switching from Comcast so I dont have a ton of money to spend. I have one HD TV (3 other TVs will need satelite receivers) and I currently have a TIVO subscription. The current offer from Directv is this...

Choice Extra: 34.99 with 3 months free movie package
Free HD Receiver
HD Access: 9.99
Multi-Room Receivers: 4.99 each
Total: 59.95 a month

Now I also would like Sunday Ticket and they told me later this month they would have a deal where I would get Sunday Ticket, all of the above mentioned items, and every channel on DIRECTV for 74.99 a month throughout the football season and then back down to the 59.95 a month after that. I know there has to be better packages I could put together I just dont know what to ask for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you can swing it try to get the HD receiver upgraded to an HD DVR (HR20). It might tack on a few dollars to the install price but well worth it. There are some Sunday Ticket deals coming in August I believe. Your deal is not bad but if you can get them to offer up the HR20 the deal gets even better. So wait on the Sunday Ticket and check this site for the new deals. I am going to look for the thread that talked about the best time to sign up.

:welcome to Sat Guys!

Was anyone able to get them to waive the 4.99 fee per receiver or get any x number of months free HD.

Dish Network just threw out a pretty good offer that might be tough to beat...

Americas Top 200
HD Programming
Locals
HBO Free 3 Months
4 Rooms plus HD DVR
Total being 54.99

Only hang ups for me now I guess would be the Big 10 Network and the sunday ticket.

Was anyone able to get them to waive the 4.99 fee per receiver or get any x number of months free HD.

Sorry Sparty, it's unlikely that they will waive this....However, they often will comp you with programming or a monthly discount for sometimes 6-12 months, if you ask them about waiving it they may do something like that for you.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)