Potential New DirecTV Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ricco1999

Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
I currently have AT&T U-verse and had DISH for about 8 years. The only real problem I have with AT&T is that the service limits the number of TVs that can operate at one time to four (standard definition = 1; HD =2). So, with six TVs and four people in the house, we are constantly running into viewing problems. The reason we moved away from DISH a couple of years ago was due to losing signal during what seemed to be minor/moderate weather conditions. I have been told, however, that DirecTV has a new technology that prevents signal loss during most rainstorms. A couple of the perks we get with AT&T is the ability to record up to 4 programs (again, using the standard definition = 1; HD =2 equation) on the DVR at the same time; we also get caller ID that pops up on the TV. Can anyone tell me if DirecTV offers similar services? Another caveat is that we will probably be moving in the near future with plans for a serious upgrade to the equipment in the media room, so the type of TV service will be a major concern.

Directv dvrs can record two streams at one time, hd from the satellites, or ota, so you would need two to match uverse. To do ota, you will need the AM21 ota tuner module. Directv has caller id on their dvrs. MRV is also available, like with uverse. Rain fade happens occasionally, but it is usually short lived, a few minutes or so. I would suggest getting the best deal you can to start, with the most equipment, since once you are a customer, upgrades are more difficult to get compared to being a new customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)