POTS dies in NYC

If they want to pay the cost of Fiber then Yes, they would do that.
I can't see them running the whole city that way though ...
Takes longer to splice Fiber than it does copper, mainly because of the different equipment involved.

In the article they say that is essentially what they are doing. They have pictures of where they cut off the old copper trunks and replaced them with new fiber runs. NYC is a FIOS area so, I assume they have a good head start with the fiber runs.

We have frontier communications. Since Verizon sold out we have had trouble with slow dsl speeds, noisy pots line. My fax machine usually says "poor line quality". Our landline service sucks with frontier sometimes. Verizon was trouble free.

We have frontier communications. Since Verizon sold out we have had trouble with slow dsl speeds, noisy pots line. My fax machine usually says "poor line quality". Our landline service sucks with frontier sometimes. Verizon was trouble free.

I too had Verizon and the service sucked then with low DSL speeds, 3 mg tops ...
When Frontier took over I contacted them about improvements and any deals for them taking over for Verizon and they acted like "why should we offer anything at all" ...
So I hung up and moved on to another ISP and haven't looked back. (only other choice I had).

I can't see how Frontier would a have been any better.

So basically every DSL customer is going to get shafted and forced into higher priced FiOS.

Not sure about Fios, butg in the U-Verse world, you have U-Verse High Speed and then you have a lower level also available, however the CSR's are pushing hard for people to move to the U-Verse (of course they get commission) ... that said, the NEW Modem's they are moving to will work with both the old and the new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)