power inserter for 1000.2

altadata

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Can a home made power inserter ( 18V DC adaptor with 1-2 A max )
to used with a 1000.2 LNB to provide extra power by connecting to output 1 of the LNB, while the output 2 and 3 can be used to connect to the receiver?

I was told that I need a power inserter for my 1000.2 setup - and I want to avoid buying one if I can do a simple one myself.

Can a home made power inserter ( 18V DC adaptor with 1-2 A max )
to used with a 1000.2 LNB to provide extra power by connecting to output 1 of the LNB, while the output 2 and 3 can be used to connect to the receiver?

I was told that I need a power inserter for my 1000.2 setup - and I want to avoid buying one if I can do a simple one myself.
HWoever told you that is misgidued.
The design of the 1000.2 LNB is such that the receiver(s) provide the correct amount of power for the LNB to function normally.
Now, if there is an excessive linear footage of cable between the dish and the first receiver, then an in-lne amplifier would be used.
Perhaps that is the devise to which you refer.

And always use Dish Network approved parts because that will preserve the warranty should anything be damaged. If it is reported to Dish that there was NON-Dish approved parts (such as any home made stuff or brands not approved) then YOU get to pay for any fixes to get your system running again that could include new LNBF's or even pay the full value of any set-top-boxes leased by Dish on your account. If you own everything AND do not have Dish Home Protection Plan, they do what ever you want. You'll be paying for it, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts