Power supply interference.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Still trying to figure out to use my blackweb hdmi transmitter, and receiver unit. Even after the frequency change on my tv antenna. It still kills my ota antenna. I want to use both my blackweb antenna. Blackweb is for my cameras. Anyway to solve this problem?

Reactions: spongella
Did you mean to post this in the OTA forum?
My guess is, stray RF is radiating from your unit and getting into your TV set. Things are not shielded as good as they used to be.

Can you move it over there Ke4est. I would like to try to figure out a way to fix the problem.

I've had a few FTA STBs that interfered with my OTA reception so I always shut off the STB when watching TV. Took me a while to figure out it was the STB, but not sure why. As for your device, I'd get the FCC ID number (somewhere on the device) and look it up on the FCC database for any info such as transmitter frequencies, etc.

FCC ID Search

This is the reciever unit not transmitter unit.
HDMI is a bi-directional connection so both sides are transceivers.

Most of these devices use rather high RF frequencies (typically in the gigahertz range) so they shouldn't be messing with OTA TV frequencies.

If the RX box is interfering with the TV, it is probably because the TV is poorly shielded from electronic interference rather than TV channel interference. You might try putting a cookie sheet or maybe a roasting pan between the RX box and the TV and see if things don't change somewhat. If it does improve, you may have a unit with manufacturing defects. Nothing FCC approved should spew so much interference that it knocks out your TV.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I assume that you have an indoor antenna.

The best way to avoid interference is to separate the OTA antenna and the HDMI extender as much as possible. If you can get the OTA antenna on the roof it would decrease the interfering signal and simultaneously increase the OTA signal.