Powered Vs non Powered Splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghermai

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
What is the difference between powered abd non powered splitter?
I see the non powered splitter is cheaper.
Is the Powered splitter need active biase circuit or is it the performance.

Regards
Ghermai

Could you be more specific? I have no idea what you're talking about? How about a link to the product, you're talking about?
I'm not aware of any powered splitters for satellite signals, that doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I'm not aware of any. I think you may mean a "Power Pass Through Splitter"? But, until you can be more specific, I don't know how to proceed?

Al

From what I can think of, example:

The SW64 Dish Network switch is powered because it combines multiple LNBs, polaritys and "bandstacks" the signals for multiple receivers.

A diseqc switch does not need it's own power because it receives enough from the receiver to be powered and it is only switching ports, not doing complicated things to multiple lnbs.

Could you be more specific? I have no idea what you're talking about? How about a link to the product, you're talking about?
I'm not aware of any powered splitters for satellite signals, that doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I'm not aware of any. I think you may mean a "Power Pass Through Splitter"? But, until you can be more specific, I don't know how to proceed?

Al

You are right, I mean "Power Pass Splitter vs Non Power Pass splitter!! I am not sure but I think Power pass splitter doesn't have DC block.

I can't see the application difference. In which case do We use Power pass splitter?

Thanks
Ghermai

Correct, the power pass splitter means there isn't a built-in DC block. Some splitters pass power on all ports, some only on one. The application would be, for example, if one wanted to use two receivers on one LNB--only one receiver should be sending power to the LNB. So one receiver would be connected to a power passing port, and the other(s) would be connected to non-power-passing port(s).

Correct, the power pass splitter means there isn't a built-in DC block. Some splitters pass power on all ports, some only on one. The application would be, for example, if one wanted to use two receivers on one LNB--only one receiver should be sending power to the LNB. So one receiver would be connected to a power passing port, and the other(s) would be connected to non-power-passing port(s).

Thanks for the explanation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chaparral Sierra 2100..Where to purchase?

Trouble setting up a Pansat 2700

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)