Powerline Adapters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
Im trying to connect my HR-24-500 to the internet using a Netgear powerline adapter. Im sure it is hooked up properly because my PS3 is using it with no problems. But it will not connect with the HR. Called CS and was told to check online for answer. Can anyone help?

Im trying to connect my HR-24-500 to the internet using a Netgear powerline adapter. Im sure it is hooked up properly because my PS3 is using it with no problems. But it will not connect with the HR. Called CS and was told to check online for answer. Can anyone help?

Did you REBOOT everything ?

Did you REBOOT everything ?
As support to Jimbo reply, I've used a 200mb Netgear setup and it worked fine. However your system, etc must recognize all the downstream components. I'd suggest rebooting your modem and router with the powerline adapter plugged into the HR24 then go thru the receiver setup to recognize the connection. This is what worked for me.
Also you might confirm the connection by trying it on another computer.
Right now I'm using the powerline adapter on the wife's Wii to watch Netflix. Also works great for that purpose. We don't have the greatest DSL connection speed for VOD so I abandoned the setup.

for some reason when i used the same powerline adapters i had to use a ethernet multiswitch for the HR20 to recognize it. so basically router,pwa,mutli switch then straight to the dvr. go through the menu and setup for getting it online and you'll be good to go. .

Had something to do with being set for WHDVR. Made the connection and did a red button reset, and it worked fine.

Thanks for your time!

So those things really work? Wats the differce in 85mb and 200mb? I kno the price is .

Sent from my Colecovision using SatelliteGuys

So those things really work? Wats the differce in 85mb and 200mb? I kno the price is .

trust me there's a difference besides the capability of data transfer speeds of up to 200mbps. It's hard to get these things to function at maximum speeds. It depends on distance from one adapter to the other and the condition of the electrical wiring in your home. The 200mbps adapters will do better than the 85mb ones or less. I have both. Actually I'm gonna try to maybe sell them since I don't need them anymore

Only had mine a few days. Install is super easy. No as fast as i hoped, but better than I was getting with wifi. I can stream HD movies from Netflix with no problem. I have 50 mbps service, but of course cable fluctuates at times of heavy usage. But it is always fast enough to stream video. So far, has been reliable.

rey_1178 said:
Actually I'm gonna try to maybe sell them since I don't need them anymore

If u do hit me up I might be interested pal

Only had mine a few days. Install is super easy. No as fast as i hoped, but better than I was getting with wifi. I can stream HD movies from Netflix with no problem. I have 50 mbps service, but of course cable fluctuates at times of heavy usage. But it is always fast enough to stream video. So far, has been reliable.

3 mg will run Nexflix, don't need SUPER speed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts