Powerline adapters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Anyone use these? I really cant see how am able to transmit data over the electrical wiring.. seems more like a glorified wireless gizmo.
Cheers, K

Anyone use these? I really cant see how am able to transmit data over the electrical wiring.. seems more like a glorified wireless gizmo.
Cheers, K

Works great especially in the back yard where wifi is marginal. Also works in shed 75 ft from house.

I believe you need to have both points on the same side of the household feed. Dish has used a version to good effect.

I love mine. I get around 30 megs of throughput on a kit that's up to 500 Mbps. Its all going to depend on the quality of wiring, if your going cross circuit and how old your electric box is.

Last edited:
I'm using them to connect my D* box to the internet.

Mine are Pluglink made by Asoka

Works great so far, been using them for about a year or two.

They work fine. I use them to provide an Internet connection from my media center to my primary router. My Slingbox is connected using powerline over Ethernet and I get a steady 4 Mbps connection all day long. Link rate for this link shows at about 20 Mbps. Other adapters on my network get over 60 Mbps. I am using first generation adapters listed as 85Mbps.

Newer units do not require that you have adapters on same phase to work.

?Look at Small Network Builders web site they have tested and reviewed a number of these adapters. Latest technology is Gigabyte adapters however just as with WiFi that speed is theoretical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts