Powermax SG-9120 Hardware Limits?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
Does anyone know if the SG-9120 has hardware East and West limits?

I though the motor was similar to the SG2100 and the Geosat120, but I am noticing many differences.

Thanks.

The SG9120 does not have hardware East/West limits. Below is a picture. As you can see, the main gear has teeth all the way around.

Attachments

• sg9120-inside.png
    sg9120-inside.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for the reply and the image,
So how does the motor stop at around +/- 70 degrees?
Does it have software limits (hopefully permanent), or is there something else stopping it?

The two tabs pointed out in the attached photo will hit a sensor, which will cut power to the motor so it will stop turning.

You may have seen a website our there claiming that the SG9120 does not have hardware limit, but all that is, is just a marketing gimick trying to cut down the SG9120 with metal gear to make their plastic motor look superior.

Attachments

• sg9120_tab.jpg
    sg9120_tab.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 188
You can set limits in the receiver menu, for East and West. I bought the SG9120 to replace a Sg2100 and there is "NO" play or slop with SG9120 unlike the one with plastic gear. I mean the dish moving when its windy. I will tell everybody to buy this motor. Just my 2 cent's and yes it came from WSInternational.

Musher

Thank you for the explanation.

It took me a while to install the motor because my tripod's post was too short for the motor's "large" (compared to the SG2100) mounting bracket, but after fixing that the installation went well.

The motor is able to handle my 1.2 meter dish with two Ku band LNBs and one C-Band LNB, a task that other motors have failed at. I also like the that there is no play because of the auto backlash and metal main gear.

I am very happy with the my purchase of LNBs and motor from Galaxy Marketing / WS International. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)