PPC Perfect?

Galifrean

Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Illinois
Does anybody know if PPC Perfect flex is any good? The product description says 'indoor series', and I think it has a pvc jacket. I need to run some outside, about 50 feet. :confused:

can't say for certain, but I would bet if it's indoor series it's probably not UV resistant, and would probably deteriorate pretty quickly exposed to the sun.

The "indoor" series does have the UV stabilizer additive in it. Some people when ordering see "outdoor quad shield" and order it thinking that means it has the messenger for aerial or sat usage. So the idea was anything that is a plain cable is called "indoor", anything with a messenger or flooding compound is labeled "outdoor". Its easier to produce only 2 polymers for the jacketing (PVC and PE), cheaper in manufacturing overall, and who is to say someone won't take an "indoor" cable and try and use it outside? If it fails its not the tech who the provider blames, its the cable manufacturer. PPC is new to the market, they don't need a blackeye over something that simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)