PPV Ads Now on My Guide?

If you don't like seeing ads in the guide - turn them off!
Menu, 6-1-6 ;)

Menu 6-1-6 turnes this uesless feature off. Not sure why Dish added this feature to the guide or why they have a lot of channel 1 VOD PPV movies on the guide. They are also on CH 500.

Thank you, thank you.
I had a problem with my Dishnetwork and I came to satelliteguys and gained very helpful information. :up

Now aren't you glad that you came to the right place! Stick around, there's a ton of good things going on here all the time.

Okay I disabled the crap banner ad - thanks to the 6-1-6 steps!

What is the other option to turn on/off - I think it's called TV Enhancements? What's that for/do?

Like someone in another thread said, I have the new software on my 622 and the ads were set to enabled, but I never saw any ads. I set it to disabled just in case.

You can also press GUIDE one more time and the PPV banner disappears. I suppose that would be for those who may actually want to see the banner if they sometimes purchase VOD or PPV. Then they just press the guide button one more time and it is gone.

I tried channel locking VOD 1 and it goes away, but keeps coming back, looks like I will try the disabling of the ads and see if it stays gone...usually a day without ads, but I am guessing when my system checks for updates it removes my channel lock for VOD channel 1.

So how about the TV Enhancements? Is that the audio leveling? Does the audio leveling work when going from an SD to HD channel (and on the danged annoying commercials on the HD channels)?

IIRC, the TV Enhancements are the ability to hit Select during some commercials to do specific things in response to the ad.

It doesn't have to do with the Volume Leveling stuff AFAIK.

If your guide is showing a Favorites list instead of one of the 3 standard lists, the banner won't show up.

Turned on 622 this morning and sure enough there were the ppv ads at the bottom of my guide...hit guide again and it was gone...glad to know you can disable it though...did not show up on my 211...

What is the sound leveling all about???

I also noticed that if you are using one of your Custom Lists for the guide display, the PPV banner ad will NOT appear. At least they left that alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts