PPV bomb drops on Feb 1st

chiente

Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Not widely known yet, but the satellite industry is required under contract with movie studios to ERASE all the recorded PPVs on your DVR as of 2/1/08. That's correct - all saved shows on hard drives will be erased and any new PPV purchases will be viewable for only 24 hours and then erased. It affects Direct and Dish.. wait until customers get wind of this!!!

This is how apple, Xbox etc handle their DRM.

You can have movie on your box for 30 days but once you hit play you have 24 hours to watch.

Problem with this for me is let's say at 8pm I sit down to watch a movie. I get tired at 8:45 and go to bed. The next night I sit down at 8:30, too late, movie gone at 8PM.

They should allow 48 hours at least.

Brian

Not widely known yet, but the satellite industry is required under contract with movie studios to ERASE all the recorded PPVs on your DVR as of 2/1/08. That's correct - all saved shows on hard drives will be erased and any new PPV purchases will be viewable for only 24 hours and then erased. It affects Direct and Dish.. wait until customers get wind of this!!!

Then I will never order another PPV, if this is actually true. If it does happen, I can only imagine the lawsuits by advocacy groups.

This was reported by people against the Internet Tax who had also had both their kidneys removed. ;)

Also, all PPV movies go to fund Reptilian Aliens who masquerade as the Great Banking Families and who oppose the Grey Aliens. ;) ;)

The PPV change was reported two centuries ago in microscopic print on the back of Dollar Bills. ;) ;) ;)

Oh, and everything crucial to your life is reported by people with 2 prior posts on the site. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The OP also forgot to mention that they are turning over all cellphone numbers to telemarketers and you have to get on the DNC list NOW to avoid it.

Then I will never order another PPV, if this is actually true. If it does happen, I can only imagine the lawsuits by advocacy groups.
we don't do PPV's....So it doesn't effect us..Besides, if one wished to record the event ,why not record it as they are viewing it..
People panic over everything.
Improvise, overcome ,adapt.

If we forward this to 10 people will Bill Gates buy everybody a HD-DVD player?

Well, if you want one of those for free, mycokerewards still has the same 3 overpriced ones they've had since the program began for the low price of 13000+ points. That's over 4000 20oz cokes. :eek: For a product that is soon to be obselete. They should put it on clearance already. Who knows, it might be a collectors item someday. The $1000 deuce that bill gates dropped. :D

Just dump all the PPV channels and free up some transponders. It's not like they don't need more transponders. Even if they weren't planning on adding a single channel, there are quite a few that need more bits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)