PPV Ordered via remote but no phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jefe2514

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Illinois
Hey All,

I had a PPV ordered via remote at my house yesterday but I currently do not have a LAN line at the house at all. From what I have read the only way to have that PPV billed or cleared off the card is to plug it into a phone line. If this is true then what options do I have. The PPV is for a channel that has a montly reoccuring fee and I may not want to keep it and don't want to get stuck paying the monthly fee if I decide I don't want the channel.

Thanks in advance.

Hey All,

I had a PPV ordered via remote at my house yesterday but I currently do not have a LAN line at the house at all. From what I have read the only way to have that PPV billed or cleared off the card is to plug it into a phone line. If this is true then what options do I have. The PPV is for a channel that has a montly reoccuring fee and I may not want to keep it and don't want to get stuck paying the monthly fee if I decide I don't want the channel.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on the receiver some of them will use the network connection in place of a phone line. Do you have it plugged into your home network?

My receiver does not have a network jack on the back of it.

Just call DTV and tell them your card number and they will bill you. You can also cancel a package online. Either way they will know what you have purchased.

Older owned receivers <H20 allowed you to purchase via the remote even if the unit wasn't connected via any phone/LAN connection. The receiver would keep trying to connect & after a few months would deactivate the receiver with a message to call one of their 800#'s. All the newer receivers deactivate remote purchases if you have neither phone or LAN connections.

Status
Please reply by conversation.