PPV purchases not being transmitted to DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I've called a few times about this, but, they don't seem to be concerned.

I have a Tivo DirecTv receiver hooked up to a phone line, making successful calls every time it tries, but, the PPV's just stay on the box and never appear on my bill.

What can I do?

Thanks.

I have a Tivo DirecTv receiver hooked up to a phone line, making successful calls every time it tries, but, the PPV's just stay on the box and never appear on my bill.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Have you actually watched the ppv? I don't think you get charged until you do. I don't buy them, so I can't be too sure.

If you have made the effort to notify DirecTV which you said you did and DirecTV does not seem worried.Enjoy!.;)

Yeah, what else can you do? If they do eventually charge you, you should pay them, I think.

I've seldom used PPV because I've always had to call into Directv and had them 'kick start' my receiver before I could order PPV. It always did bill though afterwards.
I may be wrong, but I thought the receiver called in once a month for PPV and the telephone number was different than the other number it calls into.

What can I do?

Thanks.

If I were you (and I wish I were:D) I would KEEP QUIET!

Make sure they have the correct phone number for your account in their records. It uses an advanced caller id as well as the receiver info.

I'm just afraid that my box is going to stop letting me purchase PPV even though we don't do it very often.

If I were to go online and order the PPV there on the website, how does this work? Do you order by title, time, or channel and then just go to that channel before your movie starts? I've heard that ordering online makes the movie available on all of my boxes, but, I don't know if this is right or not.

Thanks.

I'm just afraid that my box is going to stop letting me purchase PPV even though we don't do it very often.

If I were to go online and order the PPV there on the website, how does this work? Do you order by title, time, or channel and then just go to that channel before your movie starts? I've heard that ordering online makes the movie available on all of my boxes, but, I don't know if this is right or not.

Thanks.
Hi... Yes the online is very easy and cool. It makes it available to all receivers. When you go to the sign-on screen at directv.com there is a tutorial. I think you'll like it. You have to have a HR20 or 21 for the autorecord.:cool:

Well Glen i would be worried to because at least in the old days when the access card got filled you could not watch anymore ppv. But then you could get billed all at once for every ppv on that card. Dont know if it still works that way though.

Well Glen i would be worried to because at least in the old days when the access card got filled you could not watch anymore ppv. But then you could get billed all at once for every ppv on that card. Dont know if it still works that way though.

That's exactly what prompts my question here. I was hoping there was a way to FORCE it to transmit them. I have tired forcing a phone call, but, it still won't transmit the PPV data.

There used to be 13 slots on a card so if you have ordered more than that and are still not being billed then it may be an issue with the box itself. When it maks a call it should dump or clear the slots, so it may be some kind of snafu that your receiver is dumping but the info is not being communicated to billing. If you can figure out if there has been more than 13 purchases since the last time you were billed for one than that should answer a big part of the mystery.

Keep in mind that when you do a call through the Tivo interface, it is calling into Tivo, not DirecTV. Those calls that you see in the system status screen do not upload PPVs. The box has to make a separate, monthly call to DirecTV to upload PPVs. Those will not show up in the system status screens, and can't be forced by the user. DirecTV *should* be able to force a PPV call in/upload by satellite, but if they don't care, don't worry about it. If it gets to the point that you can't order PPV, then call them back and complain and they'll have to escalate it through tech support.

In the mean time, I'd stash away however much money is needed to cover the PPVs so that if they bill all at once, you'll have the cash to cover the bill (esp. if they're sporting event PPVs, etc).

I guess I'm just "lucky". I had them "force" a call already but, still the PPV's are there and no billing.

I suppose I've done my everything in my power to fix this, it's DTV's problem.

Thanks!

Any answers for #13 & #15?

Is it a TiVo unit
and

have you tried connecting it with another RJ11 cable and also to other jacks?

(I missed these parts)

Any answers for #13 & #15?

Is it a TiVo unit
and

have you tried connecting it with another RJ11 cable and also to other jacks?

(I missed these parts)

Yes, it's a Tivo unit, and no I have not tried other cables or jacks because the status screen shows all calls have succeeded. It has never crossed my mind to try a different wire/jack since the calls don't fail, I've just never been billed for PPV and there are still like 4 or 5 on there, all movies, all watched, even saved to DVD.

Maybe worth a try and although I do not have a TiVo powered unit the other user claims that it might be a TiVo issues as opposed to DirecTV; maybe look into that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)