PPV Purchases still left on card/receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

emuman100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
I have a Directv Receiver that has been used for years, but the phone was never plugged in. 4 PPV purchases (they might be adult, it really doesn't say) were made via the remote, probably around 2003 or 2004, and never gotten called in to Directv, so they stayed in past purchases for years. The receiver was recently removed from the account and deactivated, so now it says to call extension 711 to start service. I put *67 in the call waiting prefix setting to block caller id from being sent to Directv. If I leave it plugged into the phone line, will it dial out and send those PPV purchases to Directv to be charged on the account the receiver and card used to be on? I want the person who owns the account to be charged for them.

Thanklyou.

What account was this receiver originally activated on?
It sounds like it's the original owner and you want to activate it on your account.
Chances are that DirecTV won't let you activate that receiver with a balance on that card.

jdspencer said:
What account was this receiver originally activated on?
It sounds like it's the original owner and you want to activate it on your account.
Chances are that DirecTV won't let you activate that receiver with a balance on that card.

Unless he agrees to pay for them first then send a new AC for it

jdspencer said:
True, but he said he wants the account holder pay for them.

Yeah but directv won't activate it unless he pays it. Like Jimbo said, it would be cheaper to get a new box

The receiver will send out all ppv purchases when it is connected into the phone or internet. Even if you have your caller id blocked, the receiver sends out the receiver #, card # and date the ppv was purchased. With that info, D* will charge you for unpaid ppv purchases.

I have a Directv Receiver that has been used for years, but the phone was never plugged in. 4 PPV purchases (they might be adult, it really doesn't say) were made via the remote, probably around 2003 or 2004, and never gotten called in to Directv, so they stayed in past purchases for years. The receiver was recently removed from the account and deactivated, so now it says to call extension 711 to start service. I put *67 in the call waiting prefix setting to block caller id from being sent to Directv. If I leave it plugged into the phone line, will it dial out and send those PPV purchases to Directv to be charged on the account the receiver and card used to be on? I want the person who owns the account to be charged for them.

Thanklyou.
Try blocking your and then dial this number and let us know what it tells you.:eek:
1-800-444-4444

I don't want to reactivate anything, I just want the account owner to be charged for the PPV purchases still on the access card and receiver, and I want to make sure they get dialed in. Right now it's powered on without the satellite dish connected to it, but it's connected to the phone line, and I want that receiver to dial in and the PPVs get charged to the account holder the card belongs to. Will this happen or give me any indication that they will be charged or will I have to hope for the best?

I don't want to reactivate anything, I just want the account owner to be charged for the PPV purchases still on the access card and receiver, and I want to make sure they get dialed in. Right now it's powered on without the satellite dish connected to it, but it's connected to the phone line, and I want that receiver to dial in and the PPVs get charged to the account holder the card belongs to. Will this happen or give me any indication that they will be charged or will I have to hope for the best?

So this is more of a "it's the principle of it" thing?

I suppose you have to weigh the benefits, whatever you perceive them to be, against the drawbacks. Most people I might want to get back at for some reason aren't really worth my time or energy. You may feel differently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts