PPV recording question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugbyqueen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Houston, TX
Last night I tried to order a PPV rugby match using my remote, but because we aren't hooked up to a phone line or the internet, it didn't actually show up on my account (I phoned D* to verify). So I cancelled that order using the remote and it shows up as cancelled in my Purchases list.

Meanwhile, I ordered it online and also set it to record while I was ordering it. I checked my To Do List and it showed up as going to record. Okay, everything good.

When I wake up this morning (it recorded overnight) I have the one I ordered online, plus the one I ordered using the remote. The one from the remote has a "K" next to it and if you click on it it says "Buy/Watch" next to it.

Did I somehow purchase this match twice or because it says cancelled will I not be charged for it? Why does it say "Buy/Watch" next to it? Did I buy it or not? What's the K stand for?

We already watched the other PPV recording (the one ordered online) and it worked fine, so we don't even need this one, but don't know if we'll be charged for it. Thanks.

Actually, the one you ordered online is the one with the "K" in a circle by it. (You will see that with all your online recording requests.) You have not been charged for it yet. You will be charged once you start watching it. However, without an internet/phone connection I doubt you will be able to watch it since the receiver cannot connect with D* to make the charge. Simplest step at this point is to just delete it. (I accidentally scheduled a PPV movie online, deleted it without watching and was never billed for it.) I know I found it someplace in D*s TOS that you are not billed until you watch PPV that you record. Hope this helps.

I may have misspoken above. I did record a PPV movie that I did not watch, but it said "Buy/Watch" just like your selection says. I deleted it and was not charged. But, I cannot find that specific language on D*'s site now. I still think if you just delete it you did not "Buy" it.

Last edited:
Actually, the one you ordered online is the one with the "K" in a circle by it. (You will see that with all your online recording requests.) You have not been charged for it yet. You will be charged once you start watching it. However, without an internet/phone connection I doubt you will be able to watch it since the receiver cannot connect with D* to make the charge. Simplest step at this point is to just delete it. (I accidentally scheduled a PPV movie online, deleted it without watching and was never billed for it.) I know I found it someplace in D*s TOS that you are not billed until you watch PPV that you record. Hope this helps.

I may have misspoken above. I did record a PPV movie that I did not watch, but it said "Buy/Watch" just like your selection says. I deleted it and was not charged. But, I cannot find that specific language on D*'s site now. I still think if you just delete it you did not "Buy" it.
Thanks for your response. It's kind of crazy. Even though we've got two DVRs, we initially tried to set the PPV to record using one remote. However, it has recorded available on both DVRs. Also, the other one, with the "K" next to it (which it sounds like is the one we ordered online) is also available on both DVRs. The one we watched this morning is the one without the K next to it, so we're not sure if we should call D* to let them know what's going on. We don't want to be charged twice, like if it's in the card ( or whatever you call it) that they'll find when they close out our account. I'm not quite sure what to do.

When we ordered it online it charged the credit card (we clicked that right as we noticed we weren't choosing "bill my account" but it was too late) associated with the account, so I'd guess the charge is already there.

If we ordered using a remote, I'm not sure how it got on both DVRs. People on this forum told me yesterday that to have the PPV shows available on all DVRs we needed to order them online. Very weird.

The PPV worked fine and we don't mind paying for one of them, but we don't want to be billed twice.

Thanks for your response. It's kind of crazy. Even though we've got two DVRs, we initially tried to set the PPV to record using one remote. However, it has recorded available on both DVRs. Also, the other one, with the "K" next to it (which it sounds like is the one we ordered online) is also available on both DVRs. The one we watched this morning is the one without the K next to it, so we're not sure if we should call D* to let them know what's going on. We don't want to be charged twice, like if it's in the card ( or whatever you call it) that they'll find when they close out our account. I'm not quite sure what to do.

When we ordered it online it charged the credit card (we clicked that right as we noticed we weren't choosing "bill my account" but it was too late) associated with the account, so I'd guess the charge is already there.

If we ordered using a remote, I'm not sure how it got on both DVRs. People on this forum told me yesterday that to have the PPV shows available on all DVRs we needed to order them online. Very weird.

The PPV worked fine and we don't mind paying for one of them, but we don't want to be billed twice.

I think I would just give them a call just to verify it.

When you order a movie, IF you do it online, it will be available on all your recvrs, if you order by remote, it will be on ONLY the recvr you ordered from.

So, you ordered it online and it is available on all your recvrs.

Just since it wasn't really answered, the K stands for "Keep." That recording will stay on the DVR until you delete it manually. A recording without the K can be deleted automatically by the DVR once it runs out of space.

I think I would just give them a call just to verify it.
I think that's a good idea. I'll do that tomorrow.

When you order a movie, IF you do it online, it will be available on all your recvrs, if you order by remote, it will be on ONLY the recvr you ordered from.

So, you ordered it online and it is available on all your recvrs.
But that's not what happened. BOTH receivers (which are HD DVRs) have BOTH PPV recordings available. In total, we show four recordings of the England-Argentina rugby match. Each DVR shows TWO recordings of the match - one with a K next to it and one without. We ordered one with one of the remotes (we have two remotes, one for each DVR), then cancelled it before it was set to record. Then ordered the same match online. I would expect the one we ordered online to show up on both DVRs, but NOT the one we ordered with the remote. The one ordered by remote should only be on its DVR. But there it is on both of them. The remotes definitely only operate their own DVR and not the other DVR, as we had problems with that initially and finally got it sorted.

That's what's so weird about it. I really don't want to be charged FOUR times for the same rugby match. Or three, since I guess one of them should show up on both DVRs. Very weird.

I think that's a good idea. I'll do that tomorrow.

But that's not what happened. BOTH receivers (which are HD DVRs) have BOTH PPV recordings available. In total, we show four recordings of the England-Argentina rugby match. Each DVR shows TWO recordings of the match - one with a K next to it and one without. We ordered one with one of the remotes (we have two remotes, one for each DVR), then cancelled it before it was set to record. Then ordered the same match online. I would expect the one we ordered online to show up on both DVRs, but NOT the one we ordered with the remote. The one ordered by remote should only be on its DVR. But there it is on both of them. The remotes definitely only operate their own DVR and not the other DVR, as we had problems with that initially and finally got it sorted.

That's what's so weird about it. I really don't want to be charged FOUR times for the same rugby match. Or three, since I guess one of them should show up on both DVRs. Very weird.

That is weird, it should have only recorded on the one that you used the remote for, not the other recvr as well.
Plus the recording on both from the Online order.

Just call them and they will take care of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts