PQ or bit rate improved?

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Over on reddit they are reporting 5.7mbps now. . I don't have sling. Can anyone confirm or comment on PQ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pq has improved from last year when I had Sling. I had a free trial again last week though I have no idea of the bit rate comparison from then to now.
It's very close to Vue but not guide there yet. Sling was definitely better than Directv Now (when Now was working). All viewing was done on Amazon Fire TV.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have only been on Sling since early Nov, and thought it has looked pretty darn good on the Roku Ultra. We usually only watch on the weekends.

I got a new Sling app update on the Roku Ultra after I got the 7.5 update. Did not notice anything, PQ looked good last night and it still reports 3.7 mbps on the app.

Watched some of the TNT Knicks-Warriors on both Vue (PS4) and Sling (Roku). PQ was far better on Vue, satellite quality, in my opinion. Sling PQ, though clear and free of artifacts, was flat, as if you were watching a film. Of course, both were better than Mediacom, which was full of artifacts and pixelation. If I can figure out a DVR replacement for our local channels I will probably dump cable in 2017.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts