PR 11 USA 1 AT WBC

fffffrrrrooooonnnnnttttt ----------- rrrrrrruuuuuuunnnnneeerrrrr--------!:rolleyes:

Nope, just being sarcastic since I know how emotional you are about the WBC. :D :p

In all actuality, I didn't even watch one minute of this game. (The TV was fixed on the Cavs/Magic game). What ever happens in this tournament doesn't effect me one bit. Call it what you want, but there is no prestige in winning the 2 year old WBC.

Salsa meltdown in 5, 4, 3........

Mods, feel free to change the title of this thread to "USA 6, Puerto Rico 5" or "USA advances to Semi's & Puerto Rico eliminated"....

Clearly the first matchup between the two was just a fine tune-up for Team USA. Clearly USA knows they have to step it up when a shot at the Semi's is at stake! :):hatsoff::usa

I find it interesting and ironic that most Americans don't give a rats about this tournament when USA got trounced on Saturday, but the moment they win and advance to the semi-finals.....suddenly there's a flow of "patriots" coming out of no where. :rolleyes:

As much as it hurt losing, it was one of the best baseball games I have ever seen with homers, clutch hitting, home run stealing catches and shear emotion.

The funniest part, it was mostly Americans at the stadium last night...and because there was a few of us Puerto Ricans cheering and screaming and support our team litterally every pitch, the American fans were FORCED to cheer for Team USA because we were 'too excited and should go home if they don't like Americans'...sad really.:rolleyes: I suppose there will be alot of American fans in the next round, but I sure hope it won't be front runner fans that have parachuted out of no where in the last 24 hours because this very gritty Team USA is finally winning the way they should.:(

I find it interesting and ironic that most Americans don't give a rats about this tournament when USA got trounced on Saturday, but the moment they win and advance to the semi-finals.....suddenly there's a flow of "patriots" coming out of no where. :rolleyes:

As much as it hurt losing, it was one of the best baseball games I have ever seen with homers, clutch hitting, home run stealing catches and shear emotion.

The funniest part, it was mostly Americans at the stadium last night...and because there was a few of us Puerto Ricans cheering and screaming and support our team litterally every pitch, the American fans were FORCED to cheer for Team USA because we were 'too excited and should go home if they don't like Americans'...sad really.:rolleyes: I suppose there will be alot of American fans in the next round, but I sure hope it won't be front runner fans that have parachuted out of no where in the last 24 hours because this very gritty Team USA is finally winning the way they should.:(

Nope. Still don't care.:p BTW, aren't you a citizen of the USA? If not, expect a knock on your door today.:D

Salsa must be following the nationality rules for the players. All you need is to have yourself, a parent, or grandparent born in that country. That's a joke too. In '06 A-Rod* plays for the USA. In '09 it would have been the DR...

Salsa must be following the nationality rules for the players. All you need is to have yourself, a parent, or grandparent born in that country. That's a joke too. In '06 A-Rod* plays for the USA. In '09 it would have been the DR...

I know....sorry folks for getting all upset. :eek:

Something last nite convinced me how much a fair weather fan Miamians are. The crowd was predominatly non-latino/Puerto Rican. I was sitting in a section that was mostly USA fans that had no reason to care or be there but to send text messages, talk about the weekend. I told my cousins I was moving to a section in right center where the was all these Puerto Rican fans cheer, screaming and chanting on every pitch. The section went from about 9 strong to 3 sections and over 300 strong...!! IT was awesome and litterally forced the USA fans to cheer.
It pist me off because IF there were no "rowdy" Puerto Rican fans, that tough USA Team would have taken a back seat to Suzie texting to Tad about their date next week...:rolleyes:

I have NO PATIENTS for fair weather fans....NONE! OK...let me make it more clear...I HATE THEM and rank them right up there with communist! LMAO!

I have NO PATIENTS for fair weather fans....NONE! OK...let me make it more clear...I HATE THEM and rank them right up there with communist! LMAO!

AMEN!

And kudos to your Peurto Rican fans. It's great to hear how enthusiastic those fans were during a game of baseball. I admire fans of passion. I can definitely appreciate that. :up

Nope, just being sarcastic since I know how emotional you are about the WBC. :D :p

In all actuality, I didn't even watch one minute of this game. (The TV was fixed on the Cavs/Magic game). What ever happens in this tournament doesn't effect me one bit. Call it what you want, but there is no prestige in winning the 2 year old WBC.

Salsa meltdown in 5, 4, 3........

I wanted to watch it, but it was on ESPN Depotes which I don't have.

I wanted to watch it, but it was on ESPN Depotes which I don't have.

And ESPN is the VERY 1st scumbag bandwagon group of all of them!! They thought SO LITTLE of this series that they put it on ESPN Deportes channel and constantly debated about the little it would help players and the little importance it had....UNTIL the Team USA won....then suddenly, they get 1st page hype....:mad::mad::mad:

Ok, Sorry. Sometimes I look over them, because they get used so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)