PR: DISH Expands Movie Channel Lineup with MoviePlex

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I had it w/cable a long time ago, they would show one type of Encore channel every night on Movieplex. Back then the content was even censored I think. Especially if you've already got Encore, this channel's probably less essential than Retro or Indie, which have more channel-specific programming (not to mention in HD).

That's exactly how it works.

From the MoviePlex Wiki:

"MoviePlex broadcasts various programming from Encore's theme channels 7 days a week with a different channel showcased each day.

The channels shown include:

Encore WAM (Sundays)
Encore Mystery (Mondays)
Encore Drama (Tuesdays and Saturdays)
Encore Westerns (Wednesdays)
Encore Action (Thursdays)
Encore Love (Fridays)

Programming on MoviePlex is shown on a one hour delay from its presentation on the Encore channel."

I suppose that it is a teaser to try and get folks that subscribe to Platinum HD, but don't subscribe to AT250 to upgrade to AT250.

Not sure how anything can be expanded with a channel that just repeats what’s on the other Encore channels but an hour delayed. I seriously never understood the purpose of this channel and it has to be one of the most useless around. I didn’t even realize Movieplex was still around. TW carried it in my area for years, but it was removed when Indeplex and Retroplex were added a few years ago and I assumed that Starz just shut down Movieplex.

Dish's website is a bit misleading. It clearly states HD Platinum package comes with "21 premium HD channels". No mention of 3 of them only in SD.

grfx_08.jpg

Attachments

• grfx_08.jpg
    grfx_08.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 515
Dish's website is a bit misleading. It clearly states HD Platinum package comes with "21 premium HD channels". No mention of 3 of them only in SD.

grfx_08.jpg

I apologize; MoviePlex is also in HD Platinum. *smh*
I also noticed that they have the HD logo next to the channel number on the HD Platinum page.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the logo in the upper left corner of the graphic (the very first one)? I can't read it, and I don't remember ever seeing anything like it before.

And I care why?

So when's the HD version hitting the air? That would be the only way that "absoluters" would see it. If it ain't HD I DON'T FREAKING CARE! :D The 'yelling' was for emphasis.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the logo in the upper left corner of the graphic (the very first one)? I can't read it, and I don't remember ever seeing anything like it before.
centric (formerly BET on Jazz, BET Jazz, and BET J)
From Dish Network's HD Platinum page:
centricLogo.jpg
CENTRIC is a sophisticated digital network infused with music and original programming featuring a unique mix of black music, culture and style. It is the premiere destination for a multicultural audience delivering R&B, soul, jazz and world music along with movies, riveting talk, concerts and in-depth interview shows.

OK, I remember that being announced now (although I never watched it), but I never saw the logo (not just because I never watched it, I really don't remember ever seeing a logo in the announcements.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)