PR: DISH Expands Movie Channel Lineup with MoviePlex

When I had it w/cable a long time ago, they would show one type of Encore channel every night on Movieplex. Back then the content was even censored I think. Especially if you've already got Encore, this channel's probably less essential than Retro or Indie, which have more channel-specific programming (not to mention in HD).

That's exactly how it works.

From the MoviePlex Wiki:

"MoviePlex broadcasts various programming from Encore's theme channels 7 days a week with a different channel showcased each day.

The channels shown include:

Encore WAM (Sundays)
Encore Mystery (Mondays)
Encore Drama (Tuesdays and Saturdays)
Encore Westerns (Wednesdays)
Encore Action (Thursdays)
Encore Love (Fridays)

Programming on MoviePlex is shown on a one hour delay from its presentation on the Encore channel."

I suppose that it is a teaser to try and get folks that subscribe to Platinum HD, but don't subscribe to AT250 to upgrade to AT250.

Not sure how anything can be expanded with a channel that just repeats what’s on the other Encore channels but an hour delayed. I seriously never understood the purpose of this channel and it has to be one of the most useless around. I didn’t even realize Movieplex was still around. TW carried it in my area for years, but it was removed when Indeplex and Retroplex were added a few years ago and I assumed that Starz just shut down Movieplex.

Dish's website is a bit misleading. It clearly states HD Platinum package comes with "21 premium HD channels". No mention of 3 of them only in SD.

grfx_08.jpg

Attachments

• grfx_08.jpg
    grfx_08.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 524
Dish's website is a bit misleading. It clearly states HD Platinum package comes with "21 premium HD channels". No mention of 3 of them only in SD.

grfx_08.jpg

I apologize; MoviePlex is also in HD Platinum. *smh*
I also noticed that they have the HD logo next to the channel number on the HD Platinum page.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the logo in the upper left corner of the graphic (the very first one)? I can't read it, and I don't remember ever seeing anything like it before.

And I care why?

So when's the HD version hitting the air? That would be the only way that "absoluters" would see it. If it ain't HD I DON'T FREAKING CARE! :D The 'yelling' was for emphasis.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but what's the logo in the upper left corner of the graphic (the very first one)? I can't read it, and I don't remember ever seeing anything like it before.
centric (formerly BET on Jazz, BET Jazz, and BET J)
From Dish Network's HD Platinum page:
centricLogo.jpg
CENTRIC is a sophisticated digital network infused with music and original programming featuring a unique mix of black music, culture and style. It is the premiere destination for a multicultural audience delivering R&B, soul, jazz and world music along with movies, riveting talk, concerts and in-depth interview shows.

OK, I remember that being announced now (although I never watched it), but I never saw the logo (not just because I never watched it, I really don't remember ever seeing a logo in the announcements.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)