Pre-1989 C-band receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgrimes

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Hi, this is my first post.

I am working on a project investigating OLD c-band receivers and their capabilities. I am interested in receivers, with manuals (install, operating &/or service) that were built between 1986 and 1989. The manuals are more important than the receivers, but will purchase both. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hi jgrimes.

There is a section of this forum dedicated to manuals -> FTA Manuals - SatelliteGuys.US

I am curious as to what type of project you are doing. I am a C-Band enthusiast and have been doing some research about the 1986 to 1992 timeframe, but more on the side of the whole scrambling issue as well as the tactics used by the cable industry to kill the C-Band dish industry.

I have some advertisements on file from different manufacturers from that timerange. Would those advertisements be of assistance? They're not manuals, but they list some of the 'features' of the units..

Hi, this is my first post.

I am working on a project investigating OLD c-band receivers and their capabilities. I am interested in receivers, with manuals (install, operating &/or service) that were built between 1986 and 1989. The manuals are more important than the receivers, but will purchase both. Any assistance will be appreciated.

I have many STV magazines from that time period. They had reviews of many different receivers that told of their features good and bad, as well as lab tests. I can scan the reviews if you like.

Hi Davage & ACRadio,
Thanks for your posts! I am a semi-retired EE assisting a patent infringement case (for a defendant, Sat provider). I need to determine (with supporting evidence, like boxes and manuals) how the sat boxes, prior to 1989, operated, especially the tuner portion. Schematics would be even better.

I am a Ku band guy :-( so am trying to learn about this important C-Band technology. I don't even know what are the right brands and model numbers for boxes prior to 1989 to look for...

That was the beginning and middle of the transition from stand alone receivers to IRD's. There were dozens of manufacturers of receivers in those days. I have a few schematics but not many.

Manuals

I just "inherited" a C-Band system and have manuals for the Houston Tracker 8+ and 10. Let me know if you need a copy of these.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)