What Is The Correct Way Of Connecting Actuator To Dish Ring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Is there a correct way to connect the Actuator Dish Mover - Pivot Bearing to the Dish Ring, or is this a whatever that works thing? I used the procedure in the first picture from an old Satellite Document referred to on these pages, but it bent my 1/2 inch copper pipe Spacer and the 12 Ft Dish never did find the Clark Belt properly.

Seems there are other ways to attach the Actuator.... ie. does it go above or below the Dish Ring Plate? Also can NUTS be used instead of very hard to find SPACERS?? I will try to attach the sample pics I have found in a word document. Any comments on the proper way to attach the Actuator to the Dish Ring would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Actuator Pivot Bolt Pics.doc
    304.5 KB · Views: 457
I can't open a Word Doc, so I'm just telling you what I understand to be true.

Any Spacer will work as long as it does not bind the movement nor allow the connection to rock / pivot.
It should be mounted so the Actuator is parallele to the mounting points, usually to the Bottom.

I can't open a Word Doc, so I'm just telling you what I understand to be true.

Any Spacer will work as long as it does not bind the movement nor allow the connection to rock / pivot.
It should be mounted so the Actuator is parallele to the mounting points, usually to the Bottom.

Thanks Lak7. Does it matter whether you use spacers or threaded nuts when setting up the Actuator on the Dish Ring??

As Gabshere said, "oversized". You do not want anything to bind, think of the spacer as a washer, just a 1/2" thick.

Thanks Lak7 and Gabshere, my friend also suggested using a bunch of oversized washers as spacers, but we did cut 2 Spacers with his Grinder from an old approx 3/4 inch iron pipe, the Spacers do have some slack and seem to be a bit too big. Should the Spacers be cut from a 1/2 inch pipe to fit more snugly over the 1/2 inch Actuator Bolt?

just make sure the arm is not in a bind and is straight in line in relationship with the dish ring and stationary arm of the mount.

Any combination of washers is fine. Use a good lock nut on both ends with the nylon insert.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)