Pre-newbie seeks opinions about Idongho DMT-1000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redgreenette

Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
San Francisco
I have the opportunity to pick up an unused Idongho DMT-1000 fta receiver and 3' dish almost for free.

I've searched the forums and can't find any info here - but did find one distributor in So Calif. Of course, he'll say it's great.

Does anyone here have any experience with and/or opinions about the quality, reliability and ease of use of this brand?

Thanks much for any advice you give.

Welcome to the forum, it looks like a nice receiver, but does not have blind scan, no big deal you will still be able to get all the FTA channels, It also cant be use with a motorized dish as its not DiSEqC 1.2. I think the 3 foot dish will work great, what kind of LNBF does it have? Any markings/names on it?

http://www.idongho.com/satellite.htm

Pete
isnt this the same as a search?
Automatic search for newly added transponder
(Network Auto Search)
This is a nice feature is you have multiple shows on different channels
Timer functionturns On/Off by setting function
(daily, monthly, yearly)

Its an older box so I THINK its just a Tp scan, not blind/smart scan : (

i'm going to see and maybe buy it later this afternoon.

i'll be able to look at the LNB then.

thanks for the quick replies - but i didn't understand the interplay between the last two.

A transponder scan searches for channels on all known transponders (Tp.) Where as a blind scan receiver searches the whole satellite for channels saves a lot of work and helps you find channels not listed (List) , but both will pick up the same channels, but on a receiver without blind scan you enter the coordinates manually.

thanks - i did a google search and looked up the idongho website way before i posted my question here.
i also sent them an email - but since they're in korea, i'm not expecting a quick reply.
i was hoping to find someone who actually had experience with this particular receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why Do Transponders on IA6 Vary In Quality?

Sat C only LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts